Friday, June 24, 2011

Praying For Your Future Husband!

Ladies, you gotta admit that you've always dreamed of "The one"--- the one that you would marry someday. Maybe you've already started making lists of baby names (I'll admit that I have), and maybe even a list of qualities your husband should have.

If you're one of the curious girls out there, you NEED to read "Praying For Your Future Husband" by Robin Jones Gunn and Tricia Goyer.

I picked this book mainly because Robin Jones Gunn co-wrote it and she's also the author of "Departures",   PLUS, I was very interested in praying for my future hubby!

This book reached my expectations perfectly. Robin and Tricia share their two very different experiences in this book on what they did right and what they did wrong on the road to meeting Mr. Right. It takes you through lessons on:
  • Praying for his heart
  • Praying he will be a "God lover"
  • Praying for patience
  • Praying for understanding
  • Praying for trust
  • Praying for loyalty and faithfulness
  • Praying for strength
  • Praying for protection
  • Praying for intimacy
  • Praying for "The List" (my personal fave!)
  • Praying for contentment
  • Praying for commitment
All of the chapters were very important and a new thing to learn. I loved the way they included stories from both each other and other women, PLUS they included scripture verses, poems, written prayers, a space to write out your thoughts, and discussion questions. It's perfect for a Bible study!

This book is definitely worth five stars and I have no complaints about it. I think any teenage girl---even though I'm not a teenager yet---or single woman would absolutely love this book. It shows you that if you pray for your husband, God can work great wonders in his life. Not only is it praying for him, but praying that when your time comes, you'll be ready.

So, what will happen when you start praying for your future husband?

There's only one way to find out... PRAY!

Paperback!
207 pages!
Published by WaterBrook Multnomah!

P.S. Thank you, Multnomah, for providing me with a free copy of this book! I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.