Wednesday, June 15, 2011

It's A Narnia Thing.

Today, I just watched the pinnacle of Narnia's success--- "Prince Caspian": Disney/Walden version. It's not like it was my first time or anything... but it is my first time this year. Overall, this was maybe my 30th time--- if that's not even enough, I don't know what is.

I've been obsessed with Narnia since 2008. I must admit to being very disappointed in "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader", but that doesn't change my love for it at all.

Seeing the second movie today opened brand new eyes, no pun intended. In all the times I've seen it, I never thought through everything that took place during it. Wanna know what I learned?

  • "Sometimes we live for no one but ourselves" in Forgiven is so true, and you can see it through Peter's attitude in this movie.
  • There is an ongoing battle... it never ends.
  • You're always there for a reason and never doubt it.
  • You can't always see God---no, you can't see Him at all---but "it's not faith if you're using your eyes". You have to trust that He's there and follow Him anyway, just like when Lucy saw Aslan but didn't follow because she couldn't see him, and no one believed her.
  • People will not always believe you, but in the end, they'll probably end up looking pretty stupid when they don't. "Last time I didn't believe Lucy, I ended up looking pretty stupid," Edmund said.
  • Just like when Jesus turned over the tables in the temple when people were selling things there, certain Narnians turned Aslan's tomb into a place to do literal "witch"craft (White "Witch", eh?) and there were consequences.
  • Bad things happen when you take matters into your own hands, as Peter found out when he (and Caspi) led the Narnians into battle at the castle and got half of them killed, when Caspi told him DIRECTLY that taking on the castle and being the first ones to do it was a horrible idea.
  • Every knee shall bow... even those that never believed, which Trumpkin found out at the end. He never believed Aslan was alive until he was kneeling before him.
  • Believe in yourself.
  • In His time, things can be made whole again.
  • Just like Aslan's roar beautifully awakened the trees, the Holy Spirit can awaken you.
  • Just like everything they did for Narnia they did for Aslan, everything you did for someone in need, you did for God.
So, what do you say? Beautiful movie, indeed. It gets me, right down to the perfectly wonderful, perfectly planned, beautiful music. Actually, the music is what makes this movie whole. Without it, that makes the difference between three and five stars for me. It really does. I am very fond of the music because my favorite composer, Harry Gregson-Williams composed the entire movie. He composed my Level 4 Gymnastics Wolverine music, and when I found out he did all the Narnia scores, no wonder I liked my floor music! But the music is sweet. The choir, the cello, the violin... all the way down to the French horn, if there is one. The whole thing is beautiful.

Did I mention the English accents?

You know what I'm about to say...

"For Narnia!!!!!!"
-Most likely Peter says that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.