Okay, let's not put me on a pedestal, but I've got some amazing news! I'm learning guitar--- starting today! I have owned a guitar for nearly five years now, but quit on the first lesson. I'm not gonna let difficulty get the best of me now, haha!
I've got a few motivations that make me more than excited to finally learn how to play an instrument!
- Josh (he's in the FAF band, just in case you don't know me in real life) said that girls are only good at piano and vocals. So, I am going to prove that girls can be good at guitar and bass, also! I'm not a feminist or anything, but you can never underestimate the things a girl can do!
- My guitar was my favorite Christmas present when I was eight. I could have been REALLY REALLY good at playing it by now, but hey, I'm twelve. I've still got a lot of years ahead of me so I can still get really good at it... I'm still young. Yes, I'm twelve, although it doesn't look like it at all.
- I've always wanted to learn how to play an instrument, not including vocals! When I was little, since my dad can play acoustic, electric, and bass guitar, I always wanted to follow in his footsteps and play on a worship team someday. Now I actually have a chance to do it! It's gonna take a lot of practice, though. No problem with that... I need something to fill up my summer days.
- My guitar is pink! It's really cute! I'd love to be on a worship team and like, everybody has a tan guitar and then there's a random pink one!
- I'll have something to hold whenever I sing. Stage presence won't be that hard to achieve.
Good evening, bloggas!
***UPDATE: I just broke my first guitar string today! Oh, progress...***