Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Cookies Are Turning Into A Monster, Eating Us Alive

You heard me. Cookies are "Turning into a monster, and eating us alive!"

This is fourth in the muffin saga.
This is continued from Muffin Math.

"All this growing up... lately I feel like I've had enough..." I am completely contradicting the quote I just wrote (which is also a link). I just can't get enough---no pun intended---of this ongoing muffin/donut drama.

Well guess what? Baby, there's a shark in the water!

I meant to post this earlier this week, I really did. But see, I had band practice on Sunday and I'm not even supposed to have computer access on that day. I'm working hard on this "Unspoken" book I've been slacking on since District Fine Arts in April so that took up Monday. I'm making this dress (yes, making my own dress and it's lime green--- so excited) and my 4-H leader was helping me all day yesterday, so that leaves me with Wednesday... as usual.

I'm easy like Sunday morning.
Oh, Sundays... I love them like I love being a Christian. Why? Because of Jesus! Because of church! Yes, I've gone through the motions of not wanting to go to church (I mean, let's speak honestly. Who here REALLY wants to get up at 7 a.m. on the weekend?), but there's something about church that I love. I don't know what it is.

So, one con about Sunday church is I have to rush downstairs to get my sparkly muffin. It's not sparkly, it's sprinkled, but I like to pretend it's glitter. Glitter is my favorite word. All that GLITTERS!!

ANYWAY! Ugh, can't a girl ever stay on the task? So, it was Sunday and I rushed for my muffin when I saw that there was more than just muffins.

Forget Cookie Monster... Cookies are a monster!
Turns out, the congregation has more options now. There were cookies on the table! You heard me! COOKIES! The average person eats 32,000 cookies in their lifetime. And people wonder why most everyone has a muffin top that's probably not caused by muffins.

The operative (me) spotted oatmeal raisin cookies. I really don't like those... I won't eat them unless I'm half starved to death or there's no other options. I heard that before I got there, there were chocolate chip cookies, too. That makes me happy.

In case this makes me sound anti-cookie, let me assure you that I LOVE cookies, but not in addition to muffins. If people already consume thousands of cookies, they don't need more. I don't know if that was a one-week thing or not, but I don't like it.

So, does that make this the cookie saga?

2 comments:

  1. I agree... yummmyyy no oatmeal raisin! just give me any type of cookie, but it ought to have chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope, please follow me :) http://foreverhappyv.blogspot.com/
    ~Victoria :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.