Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Bible Challenge: Mission Accomplished

Welcome to August! Are you excited for school? I can't say I'm too excited, but check this out:

We have ELEVEN new countries! I was thinking about that in church, just thinking, "If I could have two more countries, that would be great. I still need Brazil, and I really would like to see a Middle-Eastern country show up." Have you heard the song "Wishes" by Point Of Grace??? Well, wishes come true!

Let's spill it: Iran and Rio Grande, Brazil! YES!!!!! This year is gonna rock! I'm excited because today, welcome back to The Bible Challenge.
----------------------
What is it like to be a cheerleader? What is it like to not HAVE a friend, but BE a friend? What is it like to step OUT of my comfort zone? What is it like to be a great Christian? Today's challenge answers that question.

Throughout your life---especially those horror-movie teen years---You'll have to ask those questions. You're probably thinking: "Okay, what do you mean by 'cheerleader'? There's NOTHING special about a cheerleader!" Well, there actually is.

Today, we'll learn how to be a cheerleader, a REAL cheerleader. The RIGHT way to be a cheerleader. There's friendship, leadership, smiling in six different ways, and everything else.

I was a cheerleader, and SOOOO liked it. Let me get something straight:

Guys and girls can BOTH enjoy cheerleading in the SAME ways! It is actually, originally a GUYS sport. (just to point that out to you guys.)

I have been attending something new for me on Wednesdays now, and I'm getting used to it. You're probably like, "I know, Hope; let me guess, you're going to Youth." Well yes I am! I like it a lot! I saw some REAL cheerleaders there! The leadership teens/kids/some adults were very friendly! My sister is on leadership, so it's not like I don't know what they do.

I call them real cheerleaders, because even though I'm not buddy-buddy with Joey or Abby, and I'm not friends with Melanie or Olivia, they made me feel--- welcome. And that's how everyone should feel.

You should always be a true cheerleader, because even if you have no interest in cheerleading and don't want anything to do with it, it's worth it. Today's verse is:

Proverbs 12:25-28
An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up. A righteous man is cautious in friendship, but the way of the wicked leads them astray. The lazy man does not roast his game, but the diligent man prizes his possessions. In the way of righteousness there is life; along that path is immorality.

That is today's verse(s). Whatever they mean to you is what they mean to YOU. You can CHOOSE to be a cheerleader, or you can choose to sit on the bleachers. You can be like the cheerleader who cheers up an anxious man, or you can be like the lazy man and just sit back and watch the game. "It's your life, what cha gonna do? The world is watchin' you, everyday the choices you make, show what you are and who your heart beats for. It's an open door. It's your life."

Next in The Bible Challenge: Proverbs 13:12

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.