Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Bible Challenge: Song of Song of Songs

Yesterday, in Youth (ThExperience) they played a song that I at first thought nothing of. Until I cracked open my Bible that night, that is.

It was during a quiet prayer time and everyone was in their own spot, including me. It was so important, I replaced what should've been today's challenge with THIS.

Song Of Solomon 8:6-7
Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy as unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame. Many waters cannot quench this love, rivers cannot wash it away.

Beautiful, beautiful. I was listening to "Our God" by Chris Tomlin today and was AMAZED.

"Our God is greater, our God is stronger, God you are higher than any other..."

Catchy, but more importantly, it's true. God is higher than any other. God's love is stronger than death, it's as unyielding as the grave, it's burns like fire, many waters cannot quench His love... yep. That's our God!

Remember Missions Extreme? On the way to Cleveland, I saw the Painesville Assembly Of God van and was like, "I know the person driving that!" but said nothing. We were RIGHT NEXT TO THEM!!!!

Missions Extreme is the reason I began the Bible Challenges. I am so happy I went this year, and next year, I'm a junior leader! Yay! But that's all about tomorrow...

This is the Song of Song of Songs. Sing it, read it, believe it.

These three remain: Faith, Hope, and Love. The greatest of thee is...

Our God. Sing it, read it, believe it.

Country Count: Twenty-three! Sweden!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.