Friday, August 20, 2010

The Bible Challenge: The Greatest of Thee...

What is the greatest of all, other than God? (tip: it's what God is.) It's not the InStyler, it's not the latest movie, it's not the newest book, it's not your $1.00 hairpin (Go to the Glitter store downstairs at Fairfield Commons), and it's not how pretty your Bible is, although it is IN your Bible.

It's time to unveil it like a bride at a wedding--- It's love.

Song Of Solomon 8:13-14
(Lover)You who dwell in the gardens with friends in attendance, let me hear your voice! (Beloved) Come away, my lover, and be like a gazelle or like a young stag on the spice-laden mountains.

What a perfect ending to such a book, which just happens to be followed by the story of the prophet Isaih, Isaigh, Isaiah--- Isaiah. Yeah, that's it. Reading the Bible all my life and can't even spell Isaih--- Isaiah!!!! Oh this is pitiful.

But it's a great ending, because:

Even though someone I know (*coughing* Mrs. Rhonda) doesn't like it when people say "Bible Stories", I'm sorry, miss Rhonda, but I'm about to say it.

This Bible story (sorry! I had to say it!) is the best book in the Bible I've ever read. Very romantic, very beautiful, very wise. This book is the story of love, peace, and purity. I'm guessing Solomon wrote it, and boy is he wise! This is not a fairytale. This is not Jonah in the belly of a whale. This is not Esther. What it is, is a Love Story.

We are all God's children, and God has a love story for each of us. The toughest time in our lives are not when someone dies, it's not when you're depressed, it's not when you don't make the gymnastics team, it's not when you don't get accepted into a big University. It's when God is getting you to believe in Him.

Just like Taylor Swift's song, when God wants you to be saved, it's just like His own version, same, but abridged.

"Believe in me, Juliet, you'll never have to be alone, I love you and that's all you need to know, I died on the cross for you to be saved, and it's a testimony, baby just say YES!"

This is YOUR love story. You may not be Esther, beautiful and the king's wife, but God has a plan for... let's see...

God's Plan is [de]Classified and ONLY these people can get it:
Europe
North America
South America
Africa
Antarctica (whoever's there)
Australia
Asia

That's the point! It's DEclassified! Anyone, anywhere, any country, any ocean, WHEREVER you are... YOU DO have a love story! You may think:

"Love story? I'm nothing special! I'm just a normal kid! I'm just a normal teenager! I'm not athletic, I'm not a superstar, I'm not in the latest movies, I'm not updated on the latest trends, I don't listen to the latest music, I'm a geek, and all I do with my life is sit at home watching Guy's Big Bite. Face it--- I don't have a love story!"

I'm nothing special either. Sure, I'm freakishly tall, I have freakishly big feet, (I'm NOT telling my shoe size!) and my hair is... well... nothing to talk about. But we all have a love story. We ALL have our own story to tell. So live it and love it.

The greatest of thee is Love!

Country Count: Twenty-five! Philipines and Mexico!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.