Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Bible Challenge: First Comes Love

Good morning, America! (Or now, should I say WORLD) Today, we are talking about love and well... more love.... what do you expect??? It's Song Of Solomon!

This bible Challenge book is gonna be so fun to do! I really hope you like my challenges too, 'cause after the Bible Challenge, we're having a Prayer Camp, which is, in other words, the Prayer Challenge.

I kind of lost track of why I'm doing these almost-daily challenges. But then, I remembered, these challenges make it so much easier to breeze through the Bible in a fun way--- through blogging.

Today, we're learning more about love, love, and lastly, love!

Song Of Solomon 1:2-4 (not all of verse 4)
Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth--- for your love is more delightful than wine. Pleasing is the fragrance of your perfumes; your name is like perfume poured out. No wonder the maidens love you! Take me away with you--- let us hurry! Let the king bring me into his chambers.

(Okay, I think I have some SERIOUS swimmer's ear... in BOTH ears...) This verse is oh so romantic! Now, don't say "Ew, it's really mushy", so before you do, hold on.

This verse reminds me of God, of course. You're probably like, "Okay, so... you're calling God perfume? What???" I actually think of God as this big thing (a person, though) in the sky that stretches His hand out on people and all, white beard that's really long... basically He's a strong person.

But this reminds me of Jesus (I know, I just said God, but, HELLO; He's a community! A trinity!) because I mean,

-God is more delightful than anything this world can give
-His name is like Sweet Honesty perfume

(note to other feminine bloggers: "Sparkle" by rue21 is awesome! $9.99 at rue21 stores and outlets)

Anywho... God is like pretty much all that was described. Note to all of us:

When it mentions "wine", it's saying God is sweet and fine and perfect... but wine was more of a grape juice back then, less of alchohol. Just making sure you understand!

This is the beginning of a love story that you are following, (if you follow me and are a U.S. resident, you can get your name drawn for a high-quality giveaway!) and you will LOVE it. This teaches us about earthly love, and Christian love. This is a HUGE challenge.

Love: Are you up to the challenge???

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.