Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Bible Challenge: It's a Love Story, Baby Just Say Yes

"Love Story" isn't exactly what I would call Bible Challenge worthy, is it??? Well today, I have an explanation of why I'm actually using a non-Christian song as a challenge.

You thought the challenge was almost over, didn't you? Well, this is just the beginning.

What is about to happen is a real love story. You know, she can't stop thinking about her lover, then she can't find him, she searches for him in the outskirts of town but still can't find him, stuff like that.

Song Of Solomon 5:2-8
I slept but my heart was awake. Listen! My lover is knocking: "Open to me, my sister, my darling, my dove, my flawless one. My head is drenched with dew, my hair with the dampness of the night." I have taken off my robe--- must I put it on again? I have washed my feet--- must I soil them again? My lover thrust his hand through the latch-opening; my heart began to pound for him. I arose to open for my lover, and my hands dripped with myrrh, my figers flowing with myrrh, on the handles of the lock. I opened for my lover, but my lover had left; he was gone. My heart sank at his departure. I looked for him but did not find him. I called him but he did not answer. The watchmen found me as they made their rounds in the city. They beat me, they bruised me; they took away my cloak, those watchmen of the walls! O daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you--- if you find my lover, what will you tell him? Tell him I am faint with love.

It's a really long thing I chose, isn't it? I know, I'm sorry for you I-don't-like-to-read-for-anything-in-the-world people. But the real challenge is:

It's just like "Love Story" on that one part... Only this is Christian, giving it a meaning, and making it so much better than Taylor Swift's music!

It says (Love Story):
"I got tired of waiting wondering if you were ever comin' around. My faith in you was fading..."

But the REAL question is: Where's the happy ending?

These three remain: Faith, Hope, and...

No new countries, but see the happy ending soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.