Friday, August 6, 2010

The Bible Challenge: Here We Go Again!

What is your daily routine??? Wake up, brush your teeth, wash your face, comb your hair, get dressed, blog, give myself a spa treatment, any extra plans, take shower, brush teeth, night facial wash, shower, sleep. (by then, it's maybe 1 a.m.)

Everyday is just like, "Here We Go Again!" But some days, most people get too focused on the plan. Extra, EXTRA mascara, big, rosy cheeks; plump, GLOSSY lips... I must admit I'm guilty of focusing more on my lips than my character. Proverbs 31 talks a lot about women, beauty, and what girls SHOULD be. (sorry guys who are reading the blog... this one is kinda girly... but read with me.) We always worry about "OMG, my hair is a beast!" or the world famous one, "I have nothing to wear!!!!!!" The Bible says don't worry about that.

Somewhere in the Bible, it says not to worry about what you eat or what to wear. Don't worry about it! Next time you look in the mirror to do your makeup, listen to the song "A More Beautiful You" by Jonny Diaz, and read this popular verse:

Proverbs 31:30
Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

This verse is 100% true because charm is very deceptive because I mean, well... I can't even answer that, because I just love jewelery and everything of that nature. But I actually don't know the answer to that one.

But I know that beauty is fleeting because I can use a few examples:

Hair extensions. Your hair is so luscious and long when you put them on, but when you take them off, it's gone. You have barely any hair. That's a deceptive charm.

Makeup. Your face is lovely when it's on, but when it's off, you don't always feel like a beautiful person.

Aging. When you get older, you won't have a baby face and soft skin, will you???

So when you wake up tomorrow, look at the sky, know that it's a brand new day, yesterday is gone, and say, "Here We Go Again!"

Next in The Bible Challenge: Song Of Solomon for September. Exclusive Proverb!

Country Count: No new countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.