Saturday, April 30, 2011

Hallelujah! Arizona, BABY!!!!

The title says it all.

There's good and bad news, but my family is mad at me because they think I'm taking the bad news too seriously.

Great News
Honey, have I got some news for you! Our band performed yesterday, and we did great. My stage presence? eh, not very good. But, we all sounded great.

Today, we got called back. I was just doing nothing when Nathan came and was like, "We got called back"! I was like, "YEAHHHHH!!!!!" And that's where I tackle Kayla with a hug and my Cracker Barrel bag tears that happens to have all my extra stuff in it.

So, in the end, we competed for Merit, and didn't get it, but we came close enough, and we made it to Nationals! Congrats, Mariah, Josh, Nathan, Brian, Chris, and Mark! We really rocked out there! Wasn't it fun?

Bad News
Well... this news really isn't all that bad, but remember my problem I mentioned in my post "Perfect"? Well, my Book Chapter got a 27 (eww... horrible) and my singing got a 31, which really isn't all that bad.

But, to me, it was. I hate---absolutely HATE---ruining things. The judges said that my story was a little short on the Word Count, and I was really upset about that, but there's next year... which next year, I'm not writing a story or chapter.

Here's the things I wanna do next year:

Poetry
Female Vocal Solo, Junior (I might perform "Back At my Heart" by Natalie Grant)
Photography, Traditional
Christian Band
Worship Team

It's obvious. I really want to get a huge chance at Nationals next year! Want a preview of my music for next year?


Female Vocal Solo, Junior


Our band could totally rock this song. Christian Band.


If we could somehow mix these songs together. Worship Team.

I have a few dreams for next year. But for this year, we're headed to Arizona! And it's actually quite good that I didn't make Nationals in my solo singing and writing, because it taught me what to do next year and how to select the song in a better way. It also taught me that even though there might be a tiny mistake, it still can be noticed, and it needs to be corrected.

I was very upset about the solo results, though, not on the judges' part, but on my part. Yes, my Book Chapter could've been ten times better, so I'm not writing one next year. Instead, I'm doing a poem. Yes, my song could have been better, even though my voice sounded good, I still have a long way to go in music ministry.

What is Fine Arts to you? Competition? Is it performing for an audience? Or performing for God? Don't tell me, ask yourself...

Is Christ's love compelling YOU???


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.