Friday, July 22, 2011

My Summer Playlist

When you hear me say "playlist", you probably automatically think of the iPod on this blog (doesn't it look so cool?). I've been using it for two years now.

Well, here's what I've been listening to this summer (including some not-so-Christian songs).

  1. "Chap Stick, Chapped Lips, And Things Like Chemistry" by Relient K. I've loved that song since I was eight years old.
  2. "Closer" by Shawn McDonald. This song is the catchy-est Christian song I've ever heard, and it kinda reminds me of something Bruno Mars would do.
  3. "Again" by Flyleaf. It's my favorite Flyleaf song, and one of my most-listened-to songs this summer! It's just awesome! I listen to it when I'm mad and it makes me happy AGAIN. I also love the meaning behind it. Watch... there just might be a lyric post of it coming from me soon!
  4. "Better Than Revenge" by Taylor Swift. This is probably her best song, although I really like the lyrics to "Long Live". This is my favorite Taylor Swift song ever... WHOA OH!
  5. "Desperate" by Fireflight. I love the guitar, and Dawn's voice is just incredible. It's impossible to sing that high for me! How does she do it? My favorite Fireflight member is Wendy, because she has awesome hair and plays bass (just like my dad does and I'm learning)!
  6. "Fixed At Zero" by VersaEmerge. I used the video to this in "Operation: Stage Presence" last month, because not only do they have good presence, but Sierra's voice is awesome (and too high for my range)! I also love the guitar at 2:46 and 2:51. I don't know why, but it always gets me right there. Why isn't this song on my iPod? Don't ask me!
  7. "For Those Who Wait" by Fireflight. I listened to that song a lot at the beginning of summer, so that explains why I'm kinda sick of it.
  8. "Emergency" by Paramore. This song is sorta sad, but "It's really not your fault, when no one cares to talk about it..." I posted this in "Operation: Fun Fun Fun FUN!" Because my stage presence "Is an emergency".
  9. "Best Love Song" by CIMORELLI. I like it better than the original, and Even though it's not the best love song, it was good enough for me to post it, and it sure is the "Crunkest"!
  10. "Must Have Done Something Right" by Relient K. I once had this song on repeat for like, an hour! Okay, maybe not that long. But I'm "racking my brain for a new improved way" to listen to this song, because a stereo isn't good enough! If I knew Matt (both Thiessen and Hoopes), we'd be best friends. Matt Thiessen, "We should get jerseys cuz we make a good team. But yours would look better than mine, cuz you're outta my league". Stay tuned for a lyric post.
  11. "Summer Forgets Me" by Deas Vail. I love the entire band, so I can't decide on a favorite! But if I have to have one, it'd be either Wes because he's the lead singer, Laura because she's awesome, or the bassist (forgot his name) because his stage presence is so awesome, it's almost funny! Stay tuned for a lyric post of "Summer Forgets Me".
  12. Okay, I can't help myself... I have to tell you what the new Deas Vail song is. It's called "Gone". I love all the "oh"-ing in it. I'm kinda mad at Deas Vail right now because although it made it onto the Split EP with Farewell Flight, it won't be on the album I pre-ordered. But I'll get over it. All that matters is the meaning behind this song. Stay tuned for a lyric post of it.
  13. "Baby" by Relient K. It's the best cover I've ever heard... I instantly fell in love with it.
"Here you are, down on your knees AGAIN. Trying to find air to breathe AGAIN. And only surrender will help you now. I love you, please see and believe AGAIN."
-Flyleaf, "Again", my song pick of today. Stay tuned for a lyric post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.