Saturday, July 23, 2011

Long Live the Guitar! (PLUS: Who's "Mean" to Taylor Swift?)

GREAT GREAT news! I'm learning my first two songs on guitar: "Rolling in the Deep" by Adele (it's so easy, but impressive... it's gonna sound so sweet when it's done!) and "Better Than Revenge" by Taylor Swift. I've been working on the Adele song the longest.

Who would've thought my first song would be "Rolling in the Deep"? I expected it to be a Relient K or Deas Vail song, because I'm a way bigger fan of them, but my dad was teaching me how to fret and tune (with still only five strings) when I held a note that was the exact same one that begins "Rolling in the Deep"! I freaked out and decided to learn the whole song! But I am soooo not gonna look at the chords--- I wanna figure this one out myself. I'll be playing my own originals soon enough (I'm turning my poetry into songs). This is bloody awesome!

~~~~
"All you are is mean." Huh? "All you are is mean."

Ever wondered... who is Taylor Swift calling mean (sorry, if I've talked about her a lot lately)? A boyfriend again? Bullies? Technically, none of the above.

It was a critic. Bob Lefsetz, to be exact. He once was a big fan, but then switched sides ("You, and your switching sides..." Sound familiar?) and wrote a harsh review of Swift's 2010 Grammy performance, saying her career was over. At first, I was like, "What an immature reaction to a bad review". But then I realized, there was this one girl who used to be my friend (but we didn't get into a fight, we just don't talk anymore), and I was talking to her about how I plan to publish three books before college.

Her reaction? "Well, do you really think you're gonna get a book published?"

You can only imagine how mad I was. I can see her years from now at Harvard, talking at the Science Olympics, with that same big loud opinion but nobody's listening, pounds gained and yapping about the same old bitter things. Fat and grumbling on about how I can't write. But all she is is mean.

All she is is mean. And snobby. And pathetic. And will have a tough time making friends and mean. And mean. And mean. And mean.

But someday, I'll be living in New York City, and all she's ever gonna be is mean. YEAH! Someday, I'll be big enough so she can't insult me, and all she's ever gonna be is mean. Why she gotta be so mean? I'll be editor of "Seventeen", and all she's ever gonna be is mean. Why she gotta be so mean? I'll be big enough so she can't insult me, and all she's ever gonna be is mean.

Why you gotta be so MEAN?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.