Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Shoreline Calls The Sea

Oh my gosh.... I am in love with this song! I might post the whole album on RandomNess Friday... I've got some really cool videos to show you!

I've only heard a little bit of it and love it already...  especially the piano!

This is "Shoreline"  from the album "All The Houses Look The Same" by the alternative band (Deas Vail) that took on Paramore in Secular To Gospel Week Day 5, and this is one of their older songs from their oldest full-length album. (The rest were EPs.) The other songs I showed you are from their newest album, "Birds and Cages".

Shoreline
So you say I'm better off here
As dry as the shoreline
In an ocean of fear.
And so you say that I can't be alive
Until there is nothing
When we're meeting eyes
Again.

And day by day, I wander these walls
And You're casting a shadow
Onto every wall.
And all the way you ring in my ear
From the moment I knew You
Were leaving me here

You were leaving me here.
You were leaving me here.
You were leaving me here.......

This give-and-take, this waiting on time...
This twisted up memory
That I can't unwind.
These fragile words that fall from my mouth
And I'm crumbling and crowded, but I've figured You out.

I've figured You out.
I've figured You out.
I've figured You out......

The shoreline calls the sea
For simple words and company
But words go on and on
Til they collide and all is gone
I dive into the deep
Into the sea inside of me
To find another song,
To find a place where I belong
(repeat)

I dive into the deep
Into the sea inside of me
To find another song,
To find a place where I belong.
~~~
The next time I buy an iTunes gift card, I'm buying every song from this album and every song from "Birds And Cages". I showed you the lyrics to this because his articulation is not very good. But whoa... in case you were wondering if that was the piano girl (Laura) singing that part, nope, it was him. I can sing as low as him on the verses barely, and can sing as high as him on the bridge, BARELY. He has a VERY WIDE vocal range.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.