Sunday, May 8, 2011

Don't Wait Until The Damage Is Done

Today in church, I actually had the rare chance to sit in service! Being a student leader in the childrens' ministry and a nursery teacher, I never really have the chance to hear a sermon on Sunday, at least one that's tragetted towards people my age.
I always sit in the youth section (it's not official, but everyone in Youth sits there. To be exact, it's the front right pews in the sanctuary) when I'm rarely in service, (don't get me wrong, though: I love working with the JAM kids!) and today I sat with Autumn, Tyler, and Lauren was sitting next to me, but then she moved up so she could see better.

I won't tell you who, but a kid had his:

iPad (if you were in service, you know who it is, although I'm trying to make this VERY anonymous and am failing) and was using it.

You're probably thinking, "I understand. He was using his Bible app!" Well, no. It was a very different kind of app. More like... a game.

He's not the only one. People texting, I've caught people Tweeting, and even playing Tic-Tac-Toe. Low, isn't it?

Come on, people. Dont' wait until the damage is done. Not only is it disrespectful to play games and text and social network while the pastor is preaching, but it's only damaging one person: You.

You're not doing any harm to anyone but yourself by texting during service. You're missing out on a message, one that can possibly change your life.

And wait... you are harming someone else. The people around you... you don't want to be responsible for them not hearing something that can change their life, do you?

Don't wait until the damage is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.