Wednesday, May 25, 2011

"I'll Praise You In This Storm"

Today was a HUGE tornado warning, and while I was at church, they made us take cover with the adults in Hough Hall (the basement in the main building of our church). It was just a watch then, and no one took it too seriously.

But by the time we left, the storm had lost all control (it's not too dramatic though) and blackened the sky completely. Not one trace of blue was left, and it is near summertime--- the sun was supposed to still be visible! In our car, things were okay, but the closer and closer we got to our home, the darker and darker the storm got. By the time we reached the fire station near my house, it was like a bucket of water poured on my car. Our dog was home alone, and we were rushing to get home. Luckily, things got better as we reached our house and we are all safe.

The physical storms in this life are like the emotional storms in our minds. Sometimes sunny, sometimes cloudy, and sometimes you can't see the sun anymore. But there is only one person that can turn the ship around, and you have to trust and put your faith in God.

"I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands. You are who You are no matter where I am..."
-Casting Crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.