Thursday, May 20, 2010

Concrete Jungle What Dreams Are Made Of...

...There's nothing we can't do, let's hear it for New York! You know, never in my life have I been to New York. And this post is kinda talking about dealing with crowds today.

I hate crowds. I just don't like them. And with Fun and Fine Arts coming up tomorrow, this post just might be necessary to participants.

When you're performing in front of a crowd, it's kind of like YOU'RE the famous person. YOU'RE the main kid. Everyone's focus is on you. And that's that moment of: 'Look what I can do! Beat that, sucker!' (Boasting is not good, no one should be called a sucker.) It's that one moment that you are the celebrity, that one moment when you can almost see the paparrazzis surrounding saying, "Lexi you are a star!" (Lexi is a beagle, but in my eyes, she's a different specie of Micheal Jackson!)

But I don't like being IN crowds. I just don't. It's kind of that moment that you blend in like foundation blends in to your skin, or lotion absorbs into your many layers. It's just that "I'm bored!" moment.

My problem with crowds is if I see somebody with the same shorts or shoes as me, it's on! Or, if they have their HAIR styled the same way as me, it's: "Okay, it was on a minute ago. Now, you just crossed the line, missy!!!"

Let me tell you a story. One time, I was turning cartwheels in my front yard and this girl walks by with her friend talking about tumbling passes. (round-off, back handspring, back tuck to be exact.) And she starts talking and she looks at me and I'm like, "Hey! This is a silver medalist you're looking at!" (I didn't really say that.) So I show her my half-aerial AND my round-off. Beat that, woman! Turns out, she does a round-off right after I do. I show her a back walkover-thing. Her and her friend walk away.

Yeah, when I'm in a crowd, it can be deadly. I just wanted to run after that girl and show her a round-off, back handspring, back tuck, layout, splits right there! Could've done it if I tried. (No, I couldn't.) But yeah, I made her jealous! I haven't seen her ever since.

Now, I'm not saying you should intimidate someone with flips, I honestly just had to fit that in there, but don't be afraid to show off a little during your fine/fun arts routines! Make the crowd gasp! Remember what I said, "Fear is just a lie..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.