Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Interstate Chapter 9

CHLOE
~~~~~~
I entered the classroom. I was out of the hospital by then, and it was Monday at school. I was late for math again, and I was prepared for the tardy I'd get. My mind was still chaotic from the night before, and I felt kind of paranoid. This could happen again, any day.

"You're late." Mr. Panini said. "I know. I was just so busy..." I said. He filled out a detention slip. "Please, Chloe, I don't have time for your big mouth. Now go sit down." I closed my mouth and sat down.

Like I actually understood what this guy was saying. It was so difficult. "What is the square root of pi, Chloe?" Mr. Panini said. "Uh... am I supposed to know?" I asked. Everybody sighed loudly. "Chloe, we just discussed this. The square root of pi is 1.772453850905516027298167483314, even more precisely." I blinked. "How do you have the time to think of this stuff?" I asked. "Lets just get back to the lesson," He said.

At lunch that day I sat by myself. I didn't have a friend to sit with anymore, let alone a boyfriend. I also noticed Johnathan was by himself. He was the only person I really noticed in the crowded cafeteria. The rest just moved swiftly. I envied every person who walked by.

I was having the worst day. I spilled water on myself at the fountain and my stomach couldn't handle dissecting the bunnies. I seriously had to leave the classroom and the details I can't say. I had a massive migraine. And detention after school. Not to mention, while at the nurse's office, the nurse wouldn't even give me Tylenol. Tylenol, seriously. A tiny pill.

Finally, towards the end of the day, I had left a two hour detention. It was four o' clock now. I had missed band practice. I decided to walk home today, and was very bored. "How was school today?" My mom asked when I got home. "It was horrible," I said. "I spilled water on myself, we had to dissect a rabbit today, and I had the worst migraine in the history of migraines."
"oh," Mom said. "How was band today? Did you perform well?" I sighed. "I didn't go to band class today. I had detention." Mom put her hands on her hips. "What did you do this time, Chloe?" She asked.
"I was late."
"Why?"
"I couldn't find my locker, and when I found it, my books fell, and by the time everything was picked up and tidy, I was the last person in the hall." She shook her head. "Chloe, how can you survive college someday if you can't make it to high school classes on time?" I shrugged. "By the way honey, you need to clean your room," Mom said as I headed towards it.

When I lay my head down to sleep that night, I thought about all the possibilities. Had I brought Jeremy to church... would he be a christian right now?
------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.