Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Interstate Chapter 6

JOHNATHAN
~~~~~~~~~~
After the conversation with Chloe, I walked into the room where McKenna and Jeremy's bodies were. I can clearly remember how they both looked. Maybe there's a connection with the body and the soul, because their facial expressions looked pretty different.

McKenna had a smile on her face, like she had achieved something great. Her hands were together like one hand on top of the other. Her closed eyes looked peaceful.

Jeremy had a straight face, 100%. His eyes were tightly shut. His hands were glued to his side. He didn't look happy.

But how could they look like this if they were dead? How interesting things can be at times.

A tear rolled down my cheek. I knew i'd miss both of them. Poor Jeremy had been my friend since we were eleven. Since then we were inseparable best friends. We did everything together--- homework, double dates with our girlfriends, we'd even help each other find stuff for our moms on Mothers Day and our dads on Fathers Day. And then Chloe lost control of her brakes.

McKenna... the day I met her it was love at first sight. I swore i'd marry her someday, and I already planned the proposal, years early. She was the only girl that I really liked. I asked her out in middle school when I was in eighth grade and she was in sixth. It might seem weird to have and eighth grader going out with a kid just out of elementary, doesn't it? But I really liked her. And now I wouldn't find another girl.

I knew that when I went back to school, things wouldn't be the same. And I was going back really soon.
------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.