Monday, November 16, 2009

The Interstate Chapter 4

JEREMY
~~~~~~
I woke up to total darkness. Where am I? I thought. I saw flames surround me, but not anyone I knew. They were all strangers.

I had once attended church when I was twelve, and the pastor was always saying something about Heaven and Hell. I was told Heaven is a place of no tears, pain, sorrow, fear, and other stuff. It seemed unreal, and this was NOT heaven, but I didn't know there was even an afterlife. Yes, I knew I was dead. But where was I? I heard Hell was a place of eternal damnation. A place of fear, pain, and tears. This place seemed strange, though.

I soon realized where I was. This wasn't heaven, it was hell. Everyone was screaming--- it was a bit obvious. This was what I was afraid of, but I didn't want to be one of those Jesus freaks. McKenna was a Jesus freak, and she seemed all joyful, but it didn't seem like something that would make me happy. I now know.

I wouldn't have a mansion, like McKenna, who I knew was dead. I wouldn't walk on gold. I was now entering eternal punishment.
----------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. Hey Hope, it's Val. Your story is really great so far! I really like it. Good job, keep writing! Lol

    ReplyDelete

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.