Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Interstate Chapter 1

CHLOE
~~~~~
I remember getting a superior rating at the state for band. Washington Hills High is on top again! I know for sure we will rate high next year, being a high school junior. I excel in the flute. Some people may call band members geeks, but HELLO, it is so fun! I honestly don't care what they think. I may wear glasses. But they're stylish. I might have braces. But i'm getting Invisalign next year! I am confident, and those insecure mean girls aren't.

We were on our way back from the best state competition since my freshman year. We were all so proud of ourselves, and cheering! "Oh my gosh, Chloe, can you believe how great we were? Good job on the flute solo!" Cried McKenna, my best friend since we were six months old. She was so pretty, with dark brown hair and straight teeth with contacts and pink highlights. "Awesomeness!" Said Jeremy, my boyfriend. Johnathan, McKenna's boyfriend, was silent. He was always that way. "Johnathan, why are you always so quiet?" I asked. Johnathan shrugged. Of course, again, he didn't know.

I drove a few more miles with silence, then my phone rang. "Hello?" I answered after the second ring. "Hey, Chloe. Tell me how state was." It was my friend Isabel. "It was good. Awesome rating."
"No."
"Yes!"
"Great. See, I told you it would be fine!" Isabel said. "Izzy, I almost messed up on my solo. That was not alright!"
"Chlo---"
"It was horrible! It almost messed up the whole song!"
"Chloe, stop being so dramatic. You did good, I already know."
I sighed. "Okay, I did a little goo---OH MY GOSH, AHHH!"
-----------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.