Friday, December 30, 2011

Back to the Start

2011... an interesting year, should I say? A lot of firsts for me.. hmm, let's see...

First year of Fine Arts.
First time being in a band and actually getting to do lead vocals on April 17th.
First time going to National Fine Arts as the harmony vocalist.
First year in public school, leaving homeschool.
First year as a teenager.
First year playing bass.
First year reviewing books.
First year (in a long time) that I've finished a book in less than a week, thanks to Sara Shepard and her books "The Lying Game" and "Never Have I Ever".

It was a year of "firsts". But, 2012 is coming... with even more firsts, and a lot of seconds. I will repeat all (hopefully that will include nationals--- 2012 we're going to Louisville!!!) things. 2012.... I'm going back to the start.


It's a new day. A new month. A new year. A second chance to show everyone what I've wanted to, and don't worry I'm not a serial killer. A second chance to change everything that went wrong. And don't be nervous about that Chipotle video... I still eat meat... poultry, specifically.


Dear 2011,

"Nobody said it was easy. It's such a shame for us to part. Nobody said it was easy. No one ever said it'd be so hard. I'm going back to the start."
-"The Scientist", originally by Coldplay

I am going to live 2012 like it is my last. Because you never know what will be...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.