Tuesday, December 20, 2011

In a Mirror. (The Glass Heart.)

I stare at my reflection in that dark, cold piece of glass.
                                                                                       It is that substance my heart resembles
                            And with every teardrop it crumbles.
Like when you're trying to carry water in your hands without leaking any,
My heart is fragile and must be handled carefully.
Some call it lack of confidence, I say it has no name.
Because there is a bigger problem within me.
...Fear...
They say there is nothing to fear but fear itself.
I lived in fear.
I was terrified to look into that cold mirror,
And shivers freeze my spine when I touch it even to this day,
Because that shame I felt inside didn't go away.
There is a bigger problem inside of me. It's not
...Me...
It's what is holding me together just barely.
A glass heart.
The glass heart.
It is my glass heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.