Sunday, January 1, 2012

...And THIS is Where it BEGINS!

Life's just a sad story, isn't it? It sure is interesting, though. It keeps you up at night, you write about it, blog about it, read about it, sing about it, talk about it, sigh about it, gasp at it, laugh at it, cry because of it, stand still in its awkward moments, live it. And it's one word.

Life.

Life is something that I love, those that know me know that full well. I believe in living life to its fullest, living Life in Technicolor. Because life isn't a coincidence. It's a miracle.

I have a lot of beliefs about life, like the fact I completely contradict the theory of evolution. I'm a Christian, and sorry to my science teacher, but that affects the way I think the earth began also. So I do believe in God. And I believe that if He's real, He wouldn't have just sat back and been like, "Hey! Looky there, a big bang just happened. Holy cow a gorilla just turned into a human." He would have done something.

And I oppose the idea of abortion. (That's what my blog, "Life in Technicolor", is about.) I would never call someone whose had an abortion a "baby killer", because I wouldn't want it shoved in my face that I aborted a fetus. However, I say why ruin a chance at life? Yeah, maybe its heart isn't beating until thirteen weeks along, but why take away someone's chance at life. Someone who doesn't have the power to choose to live or die. Someone you might regret losing. Someone whose life is in your hands. What would YOU do in this situation?

And even if you made a huge mistake in 2011, HaHa!!!!! Welcome to 2012!!!! We can wipe the slate clean! A new start! And you can stop saying "I will..." now. What ARE you doing to make it happen?

My new year's resolution is to be a nicer person, slower to be hater. I would also like to be more reliable. And maybe a couple inches taller? 5'9" just isn't working for me. I also want to gain back my artistic side of me. And, since by the end of the year I will be a freshman in high school, at my school the high schoolers get netbooks (we're a STEM school) and they have Audacity downloade on them, so you know what this means? I'm gonna try to record at least four covers of songs I am good at. Some songs that will definitely make the lineup are "Skyscraper" by Demi Lovato and "Your Love Never Fails" by Jesus Culture. Some other songs that will make it are "Shoreline" by Deas Vail and "Misery Business" by Paramore. Maybe even "Who You Are" by Jessie J.

All these "I will..."s are making my head spin. What am I doing RIGHT NOW to make it happen? I failed being nicer last night at a new year's party while trying to fix this guy's hair and my friend ruined it and I politely pushed her to move her out of the way. But it was all good... I just had to fix his hair. I'm not a hater anymore! I never really was... there was just a lot of people on my "naughty list". So I decided to clear everyone who was on it's names. More reliable? I saved a baby's life! How's that for reliable? A couple inches taller? I'm eating some serious meat. Becoming artistic? Doing my nails once a week like I used to and I painted my guitar. What should I do with my keyboard? And recording covers? Um, I don't have my netbook yet because I still gotta finish eighth grade.

I think I see a good 2012 coming on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.