Thursday, December 22, 2011

You Know... It's Called... GENETICS!

I know the singer has some serious anger-management problems. But bear with me. I had to hear this song in science yesterday.

So, we were watching "Bill Nye the Science Guy" and this song came on. First of all, I tried not to laugh when hearing the show's theme song which literally yells, "Bill! Bill! Bill! Bill!" I think it's evident that that's from the '90s. And you wanna know why I was keeping myself from laughing?

I know. It gets worse. Now you know what I meant by trying not to laugh at "Bill! Bill! Bill! Bill!"

So, I peeped out a couple laughs while Steve, who sits next to me at our two-person desk, wasn't laughing. I figured I was just being immature. (MAKE SURE TO PAUSE THE VIDEO AT 0:37... IT'S HILARIOUS!)

So I got through the majority of the show and ended up laying my head in my arms, pretty much sleeping. And then I hear...

Danny has a brown-haired father.
And Danny has a brown-haired mother.
Turns out Danny has brown hair too,
That was the most likely color.

Mary has a blue-eyed father.
And Mary has a blue-eyed mother.
Turns out Mary has blue eyes too,
That was the most likely color.

Mary and Danny had a baby.
So now I'm wondering if maybe
Since Danny's hair is curly, but Mary's is straight---
THE BABY'S HAIR WILL BE WAVY!!!!!

You know
It's called
GENETICS!
You know
It's called
GENETICS!

THE DNA MAKES YOU WHAT YOU ARE,
*SOMETHING SOMETHING SOMETHING HMM HMM HMM HMM HMM HMM*
IT'S A RECIPE FOR WHAT YOU WILL BE,
WHEN YOU TAKE A LOOK
*HMM HMM HMM HMM HMM*

Yeah... I looked up from my slumber and was like, "What the...????" (I did not blank out a cuss word, I just didn't finish my sentence.) Then, I heard Steve start laughing and then I started laughing and even ended up crying!

So yeah... me and a couple kids wanna cover this song... I call dibs on the "baby's hair will be wavy" part!

If I don't pass the science test, something's definitely wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.