Friday, March 11, 2011

RandomNess Friday~Random for Sure!

While you're here, visit Prism because she is the home of RandomNess.

I was really busy during the week for "Love Out Loud", my story for Fine Arts.


This is the Jaci Velasquez song it's named after.

Here's the song I'm learning on bass.


This is a cute song by Paramore. I'm trying to learn it on strings because we have a huge bulky bass at home that has no use, so why not, you know?

I'm still practicing my low key solo for Fine Arts. It's an easy song, and I recommend "Better Than a Hallelujah" to anyone who's doing their first solo. (This is my third.) I feel very confident that it was a good song choice. The beginning is very hard for me, though, because... I don't know. I'm always messy on the:

"God loves a lullaby..."
"God loves a drunkard's cry..."
"Woman holding on for life..."
"Tears of shame for what's been done..."

Parts. I guess it's because my voice has to begin low and then quickly return to normal. I'm working on it, and it's taught me....

  • No sugar when it's time to practice
  • No ice cream
  • No soda
  • Nothing creamy
  • No cake
  • No pie
Nothing that can ruin my voice in the moment. Then, there's the CAN-Do list:

  • Apples
  • Oranges
  • McDonald's or Wendy's fries
  • Any natural food that isn't sweetened.
For times when I do break the rules...

I'm bringing out the salt water. Yes, I'm shaking salt into water and gargling it in my throat to clear it. I tried it last night, (*COUGH* after eating ice cream *COUGH*) and my voice was much more pretty afterwards!

And my dad liked my solo! Which for those of you who don't know, my dad is a semi-pro musician, and he plays bass guitar at church. He's played at churches... probably before his MS diagnosis, which was nineteen years ago. He's played all kinds of guitars, *COUGH* claims *COUGH* he's a good singer.

And if I impressed my dad... that means it's on the upside!

Nationals in reach? For my writing and band team, I think so!
-Hope

<3SuNsHiNe<3

*UPDATE*
Happy fourteenth birthday, Rebecca!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.