Friday, July 23, 2010

Your Gift: From God

Maybe you know God as a giver. Maybe you know God as a taker. Well, in the song "Beloved" by Tenth Avenue North it says:

"I'm the giver of life, I'll clothe you in white, my immaculate bride you will be. Come running home to me!"

God also takes away. What does he take away? He takes away what we don't need, what doesn't matter. In "Beloved", it says:

"Give me your life, the lust and the lies, and the past you're afraid I might see. You've been running away from me."

This verse mentions God as a taker. It uses God as a knowledgable person. Someone who disciplines.

Psalm 94:8-11
Take heed, you senseless ones among the people; you fools, when will you becom wise? Does he who implanted the ear not hear? Does he who formed the eye not see? Does he who disciplines nations not punish? Does he who teaches man lack knowledge? The LORD knows the thoughts of man; he knows that they are futile.

It says that even though people are all like: "God can't hear me. God can't see me. God doesn't care about me. God doesn't know anything about me, blah blah blah blah blah." The Bible doesn't have one single lie in it, so if this verse answers that question, it must be true that God knows us like the back of His hand.

So, just think: everday is your gift adressed:

Your Daily Gift
To: You
From: God

Accept this gift everyday like there's no tomorrow. Sure, there probably IS a tomorrow, but don't be so sure...

Next in The Bible Challenge: Summer is coming to a close! The Bible Challenge takes a break as we enter August and start reading a brad new book: Proverbs! In honor of our Proverb Challenge, I added brand new songs to make your day:

"Cuppycake"-Unknown singer
"A More Beautiful You"-Jonny Diaz
"Beautiful, Beautiful"-Francesca Battistelli
"I Like Me"-Kirk Franklin feat. Da Truth
"There Will Be a Day"-Jeremy Camp

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.