Thursday, July 15, 2010

Even Though I Walk Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death

I've heard a song somewhere that says: "Even though I walk, through the valley, of the shadow of death". That's seriously all I remember! And in a Steven Curtis Chapman song, called... I don't know, but the chorus is:

"It's all yours, God, yours, God, everything is yours from the hmhmdada, to the dada of the ocean floor, it's all yours, God, yours, God, everything is yours, you're the dadadadada, dadadadada da everything. It's all yours.

"I've walked the valley of death's shadow, so dadada that I could barely breathe..."

Okay, so that's a bit longer than the chorus, but it mentions the valley of the shadow of death. A lot of "ofs" isn't it? Well, today's verseis different, but Psalm 23:4 says "even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me, your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

Today's verse reminds me of the song "Why". (change the song you're listening to on the playlist to "Why" by Nicole Nordeman) Here's today's verses:

Psalm 22:16-19
Dogs have surrounded me; a band of evil men has encircled me, they have pierced my hands and my feet. I can count all of my bones; people stare and gloat over me. They divide my garments among them and cast lots for my clothing. But you, O LORD, be not far off; O my strength, come quickly to help me.

It's shorter than what we've been studying lately, but read it one more time.

Think about Jesus' crucifixion.

Replay the song.

Listen to Jesus' part. It says:

"Father why are they screaming? Why are the faces of some of them beaming? Why are they casting their lots for my clothes? This crown of thorns hurts me more than it shows! Father please, can't you do something? I know that you must hear my cry. I thought I could handle a cross of this size. Father remind me why. Why does everyone want me to die? Oh when will I understand WHY?!"

Now look at the scripture again. And you better be reading the WHOLE post!!!!!

That really happened when He was crucified. People really casted lots for his clothes. In fact, pause it right after Jesus' part ends. Just like in the Psalm, it says "You, O LORD be not far off, O my strength come quickly to help me". Now, press play, and listen to God's part.

"MY PRECIOUS SON! I HEAR THEM SCREAMING! I'M WATCHING THE FACE OF THE ENEMY BEAMING! But soon, I will clothe you in robes of my own. Jesus, this hurts me much MORE THAN YOU KNOW! BUT THIS DARK HOUR, I MUST DO NOTHING, though I've heard, your unbearable cry.

"The power in your blood, destroys ALL of the lies. Soon you'll see past their UNMERCIFUL eyes. Look there below, see the child. Trembling by her father's side. Now I can tell you why.

"She is why you must... Die..."

Isn't it sad??? Yes it is! It's sad that Jesus would do that when really, WE should be the ones doing that!

Now, listen to the following song, which completely has to do with it. For more on the song, read John 19:24.

Jesus rocks, doesn't He???

Next in The Bible Challenge: Psalm 25:20

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.