Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Call On Jesus (All Things Are Possible!)

Have you ever reached a time in your life when you've felt so anxious that your whole day was based on that thought??? I know I have. Here's a few thoughts that have REALLY gone on in my head:

First of all, this one happens in my mind very often: That I've said or done something that I may have thought was supposed to be funny or sarcastic, but when no one laughs, it makes me wonder... "Did it sound disrespectful? Did I hurt anyone's feelings?" That's the thing about loving to laugh: sometimes, people won't always laugh, and you won't always know why. That kind of makes me panic a little, because in the moment of "Uh, what did you just say?" it's like, OMG did I say something wrong???

Another thing, of course, is performance day. No matter what the sport, drama, or dance is, I get CRAZY nervous! However, there are categories. In sporting events, I get nervous that I'll kill my toe touch and forget my cheers, (cheerleading) I'll screw up on the back walkover and hear the words, "try again" once again, (gymnastics) bump the coach in the back of the head again, (back in the volleyball days) or worse. Drama is when my worst fears come out. I can't pretend I'm mad if I'm NOT MAD. It just doesn't work. I've been doing human videos for nearly three years now, but:

"If you aren't nervous, it's not a competition."
-Gretchen Blailer, Halfpipe Olympic Medalist

If you feel anxious about anything, like... parents divorced, family death, major friendship break/split up, or even just worried about tomorrow, read this:

Psalm 17:1, 6, 8-10
Hear O LORD, my righteous plea: listen to my cry. Give ear to my prayer, it does not rise from deceitful lips... I call on you, O God, for you will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer... Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings from the wicked who assail me, from my mortal enemies who surround me. They close up their callous hearts, and their mouths speak with arrogance. They have tracked me down, they now surround me, with eyes alert, to throw me to the ground. They are like a lion hungry for prey, like a great lion crouching in cover. Rise up, O LORD, by your hand save me from such men, from men of this world whose reward is in this life.

This verse reminds me of two songs:

"Call On Jesus"-Nicole C. Mullen
"Hallelujah"-Tenth Avenue North

It reminds me of "Call On Jesus" because it's saying "LORD, listen to my cry, I call on you God, for you will answer me." It's saying, when you call on Jesus, all things are possible. He'll answer you.

Only one verse reminds me of "Hallelujah", which says:

"To hide my face in the shadow of wings, O LORD"

And in Psalm 17 it says:

"Hide me in the shadow of your wings"

See the resemblance? I know I do.

I hope this reminds you to call on Jesus, because ALL things are possible!

Next in line on The Bible Challenge: Psalm 22:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.