Friday, July 16, 2010

Dear God...

Have you heard the song "Let The Waters Rise" by Mikeschair? By now, you have, because it is, or might be playing right now. If it's not on right now, it's on the playlist somewhere.

P.S. I added new, more Christian music by the hottest artists around!

Back to the subject, this song is not just catchy and makes me wanna dance, (I'm... not the BEST dancer, I need my leg pirouette and I plain just can't dance.) but this song is also like a prayer. Here's the chorus and the bridge:

"There's a raging sea, right in front of me, wants to pull me in, bring me to my knees. So let the waters rise, if you want them to, I will follow you, I will follow you. I will follow you...

"God your love is enough, you have pulled me through, I'm holding onto you. God your love is enough, I will follow you, I will follow you!"

(Just then, Hope struggles with her chair.) This song is saying that you should trust God because... well, you should. Why not??? At the beginning of the song, it says:

"Don't know where to begin, it's like my world's caving in. And I try but I can't control my fear. Where do I go from here? Sometimes it's so hard to pray, when we feel so far away, but I am willing to go where you want me to. God I trust you."

Trust God! JESUS ROCKS! Next, it talks more about Mike's trust. (Mike is the one singing it--- NOT Mike Donehey. Different band.)

After the chorus, it says:

"I will swim in the deep, cuz you'll be next to me. You're in the eye of the storm and the calm of the sea. You're never out of reach. God you know where I've been, you were there with me then. You were faithful before you'll be faithful again. I'm holding your hand!"

Just like today's verse, which says:

Psalm 25:20
Guard my life and rescue me; let me not be put to shame, for I take refuge in you.

Very short, but the next Bible Challenge will be long. The verse and the song backup each other--- just trust God and that's all you need to get through life. It'll pay the bills, it'll help you graduate, it'll get you a job, it'll pay for a new Bible, it'll make your college dorm the absolute best. And whether or not he broke your heart (this is off subject) you will find someone right with God's trust.

Dear God... Only YOU can fill in the blanks!

Next in The Bible Challenge: Psalm 52 (we're reading the WHOLE chapter!)





No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.