Friday, June 29, 2012

Summer Bands: Sanctus Real

Name meaning: "Sanctus" means "Holy," and "Real" means "Real."

Discovered this band six years ago. They are probably one of the most popular Christian bands out there, actually.

Genre: Christian Rock, Pop, Alternative

So... what's so real about Sanctus Real???
"Forgiven." I sang this song in sixth grade, and it was the first one I ever sang in public. I remember my favorite part was the "ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh" because it was so cute and fun.
You know, "We Need Each Other." It's the title track of that album (as you can see in the video). This will always be one of my faves by them. Best song to hear when you're lonely. "I need you! You need me! And that's the way it's got to be!" So encouraging and fun...
You always have to pull out an oldie! "The Face of Love" was probably one of their first hits, actually. You can see their last in the lyric post of the song I'm singing at Nationals this year.

Look up on your own: Matt, their lead vocalist, has a solo project going on. Check out his song "All of Me," written for his son.

//NEXT// Local Natives!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.