Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Bible Challenge: THIS Is Where The Healing Begins

Hey! Blogger is looking really weird today... must be my computer! Or maybe Blogger has a new design??? Maybe??? Comment me or email me contactyourblog@gmail.com even TWEET me at @gymnastics1710 and tell me if Blogger looks kinda odd for you too!

I'm in a GREAT mood today! However, this month will come a day when not everyone will be in the best mood.

After a nice, relaxing Labor Day with my fam up north, soon will come a day of terror and fear and sadness. That's not healing!

If you know about 9/11 or was alive to tell about it, you know it was TERRIBLE. I... honestly... didn't really remember September eleventh for a long time, probably until Patriot Day 2008. I was alive to see it on telelvision, but... some things people just don't remember. I'm surprised I didn't.

I was watching "Guiliani's 9/11" last night with <3DaDDy<3 and saw live footage of the towers. And... I can't believe I EVER took 9/11 lightly! It was horrible! I saw how the dust was following the people wiping them out one-by-one, I saw the way a plane crashed and they thought it was an accident, I saw how a second plane came and it was obviously not an accident. I saw how the north tower fell down like a Jumbling Tower game. And, finally:

I SAW HOW NO ONE SURVIVED.

Can you imagine BEING in those towers right there in that moment, knowing that at the top, you were sure to die? In the show, it showed how the people at the top were waiting for help, but the people helping replied to them, "we can't help." Those people were sure to die. In fact, people were even jumping out of the hundred-and-first, hundred-and-second floors. They would rather choose to take their own life than to face the fear inside.

But, do you hear it? "Healing Begins" by Tenth Avenue North? I'm telling you about my nine-years-later experience because THIS is where the healing begins.

Matthew 4:23-24
Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people. News spread about him all over Syria, and people brought him all who were ill with various diseases, those suffering severe pain, the demon-posessed, those having seizures, adn the paralyzed, and he healed them.

Jesus rocks! Jesus loves! JESUS HEALS! You can come to Jesus with all your sins, of course; but wanna know another thing that He's capable of doing?

Those 9/11 families of victims have a way of being healed by God. You can come to God when it comes to death, whether you KNEW someone in the World Trade Center, or you knew someone who was murdered.

Or you can be healed like how Jesus healed the people of Syria or Galilee. (I think both???) Like, here's MY story:

You should know me just by reading this post. However, if you 100% ACTUALLY know me, you know that my dad has MS. If you're RELATED to me, which I only think one person from my family is possibly reading this, you know that pretty much ALL of my genetics come from Dad. The scary part???

That increases my chances of MS someday. I could be showing symptoms right now and not even know it. But, because I know God as a healer, I'm the least bit afraid of that! Not just because I naturally picture the glass half full, (however, I frequently say half EMPTY) but because my God is greater, my God is stronger, God is higher than any other, God is a healer, full of power. Because I believe in God, NOTHING is impossible!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.