Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Bible Challenge: Who Knows:)


Note to self: Movie you don't want to watch is "Letters to God".

Today, I want YOU to write a letter to God. (Oh my gosh, I'm tearing up!!!) No, you don't have to have cancer. No, you don't have to be a teenager who's depressed. No, you don't have to be the best friend of someone with cancer. Just write it. I've written MANY letters to God in my own journal. It's fun, too!

What made me mad while watching the movie is that Ty (Bec's brother) was like: "Tyler (the kid with cancer) isn't gonna die." I was on the verge of tears and when he said that, I was okay. Then--- okay, I don't wanna give the entire movie away so I'm gonna stop. Let's just say... Faith, Bec, Sarah, even I started crying by the time the movie was over.

DON'T WATCH letters to god EVER!!!!

If you wanna burst into tears see a sad movie, go on and watch it, but I'm warning you.

I'm working on making my blog better and more technical, so if I'm moving slow, a girl can only update so fast.

Today's challenge has... not much to do with any of the above. Now, we're talkin' 'bout Jesus!

The Triumphal Entry is a famous part of Matthew. Let's just say if you know about the crucifixion, you PROBABLY know about him riding on the colt of a donkey. (Go Colts!)

This part of Matthew makes me mad. It's like, the people love him one day and just hate him the next? What kind of believer are you if you hate God's son a few days later? Yeah, some believer you are!

Matthew 21:9
The crowds went ahead of him and those that followed shouted, "Hosanna to the son of David! Blessed is He who comes in the name of the LORD! Hosanna in the highest!"

I have gazillion songs stuck in my head, (such as "Lead Me" by Sanctus Real, "Unbreakable" by Fireflight, "Spinnin' Around" by Jump5, even a few Justin Bieber songs) but "Hosanna" is one of the best. "Hosanna, Hosanna. Hosanna in the highest..."

My question is: Why would you praise God one day, and crucify his son the next? In "Letters to God", even though the kid has cancer, he encourages many kids around him to write letters to God. And they do! He didn't lose faith in God, and sometimes, that's all that matters.

Faith Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.