Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Bible Challenge: I'm Alive, I'm Alive, That's What I Say (September's Last Challenge)

We've talked about so much since the start of the challenges, sometimes short, sometimes long, sometimes calm, sometimes full of action. We've read about everything from atheists and vampires, "Letters To God" and jacuzzis. Look up the Bible Challenge anytime in my Google browser on the tan bar above the blog title, you'll find many post query.

This is me, back from my FIRST VOLLEYBALL PRACTICE since 2007! OMG volleyball is AWESOME!!!!! I've gotten better at my serve than ever! (However, Maria, I may still need your help.) God, I would have to say, HAS blessed me today. My stomach felt achy/weird this morning, but in a few days, it'll be nothing.

In practice, I realized that on my team, one of my friends from soccer is there! ON MY TEAM!!! I was positive it wasn't her, but turns out, she remembered me, and it had to be her.

There's only one boy on my team... poor boy!!!!! He's so little/adorable!

Our point today is about the resurrection. How was Jesus revived? How did he make it known? How do we know that this isn't a dumb superstition?

Matthew 28:2-7
There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the LORD came down from Heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men. The angel said to the women, (I should've mentioned Mary Magdalene and the other Mary were there) "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples: 'He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him'. Now I have told you."

I love how it ends with: "Now I have told you." Jesus is alive!!!!!! But, the question is: "How can anyone say this its true?"

Good question: Even though creation is a theory, we know it's true, right? Yes! So, even though not many people believe much about jesus and they only take bits and pieces out to make it SOUND right, when it ISN'T right, we Christians---if you're not a Christian, you're about to be one---can belive that we have hope. We can believe that there's someone up above. We can believe that we were put on Earth for a reason--- we're no mistake. Not even one of us. If you believe in God and it turns out He's not real--- no biggie. But, if you DON'T believe in God and He actually IS real, you're going to hell.

Hell is more than just something used on the street. I feel that word is used too lightly. The only living hell that exists is the one where you'll be with Satan and darkness and flames forever. (You should really see what I have but didn't continue of "The Interstate".)

My choice? Believe in God and miracles can happen. When all is lost, we know nothing but one word: BELIEVE.

Now I have told you.

Next in The Bible Challenge: October is time to make a Revelation! We're heading into fall, and with school and sports and friends to juggle, the last thing we can think of is God. Best case scenario for next month is to log on to Your Blog, sit back, read, comprehend, and that's your time with God for the day. Fall is a huge challenge. We can make this fall, the best fall. Because no one's gonna fall this fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.