Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Bible Challenge: McDonald's is TOO Salty!

Isn't it??? I know!!! McDonald's is way too salty!!! I need to report this! But I love McDonald's so I'm not going to :)

Salt is... a mineral. Salt is... white grains of something that looks like sugar. Salt is... somewhat valuable. Salt is... tasty. Salt is... light.

No, salt is NOT light on your stomach, so beware of McDonald's. (sorry, McDonald's employees if I'm trash-talking your french fries.) But, salt is---at least used to be---very valuable. At one point, it was used as $mOnEy$.

God uses it in the Bible. But Jesus said it.

Matthew 5:13-16
YOU are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything but to be thrown out and trampled by men. YOU are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to the whole house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in Heaven.

I like this challenge because I like salt. And light is pretty cool too.

I'm not the least bit embarrassed to say this: I was once afraid of the dark. I don't know why, but something just made me feel... uncomfortable. I liked to sleep with my head underneath the covers, probably because that made me feel warm and comfy. That part doesn't have to do with the dark. But when I had my own room, I slept with no nightlight, nothing. And I was fine.

But, when I moved up here on the other end of the country, and shared a room with Faith, I used a nightlight because we had connected bunks, (now they're separated, otherwise they still exist.) and Faith was on top. She had bad nosebleeds at night, and she needed a light to see where she was going. I guess I got used to being with a light at night, because when I abandoned the nightlight what should've been for good, I was so afraid of the dark that I wouldn't step outside of my room, or even glance at the dark air embracing me.

I was a weird child... that's kinda why I like light. I don't know HOW I got over that, but it took loads of courage! You can do anything when you have courage. Fear is what's holding you back!

Jesus is saying (not relating to any of the above, realy) what is salt if it isn't salty?? I can just imagine chewing cardboard that's boring and tasteless. No one wants salt that isn't salty! People want tasty hamburgers and french fries and even chicken. If it's not salty, you might as well throw it in in the trash or just put it in the driveway to melt the winter ice.

The funny thing is, YOU are salt. I foyu aren't salty, you're just not doing your job. Your mission on Earth is... "Tell the world that Jesus lives, tell the world that, tell the world that..." Oh, love that song. But the song on the playlist that works, just like how I used a playlist song for our 9/11 post, is "Strong Enough To Save" by Tenth Avenue North.

There's always a post for that! www.blogatmyfingertips.blogspot.com/2010/08/bible-challenge-mission-accomplished.html

If you are salty, you need to know that GOD is the one who saves people. On the playlist, we have a Tenth Avenue North video journal for Strong Enough to Save. Just a few minutes of your time.

Your faith can't be hidden if you show it. Like how people light lamps and don't hide them, you shouldn't call yourself a Christian and not do anything about your not-religion-religion. Let it show and let the whole world see it, like our other song on the playlist, "Until the Whole World Hears".

NOTHING IS EVER TOO SALTY! Are YOU salty enough?

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog!!! And the music and everything! Yes, in my heart I am an Ohio girl haha! I miss you guys so so much. I wish I could visit.... Love you and the whole family!

    ReplyDelete

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.