Monday, September 20, 2010

The Bible Challenge: We Were Born for This

Yes, the "Born for This" you think it is. "Tell me tell me do you feel the pressure now?"

Yesterday was a long, hard day for me. Blogger was SUCH a headache! I learned how to make new pages, if you noticed, and then it took four hours to complete understand how to add comments, all because of a button I couldn't find that was right in front of me!

Blogger,
You need to get A LOT simpler. Where's Windows 7 when you need it?

(I was on my computer typing when all of a sudden it dawned on me: Blogging should be simpler! BAM, there's Windows 7 and all buttons are visible to me! I'm Hope the Blogger, I'm a PC, and Windows 7 was my idea.)

Today's lesson is about something we were born for. We were born for someone to die. We were born for: JESUS.

This challenge is challenging us with what we have been challenged with since the day we said 'Amen' the first time. Will YOU stand up for Jesus? Would YOU take his place? What makes you Christian, not Jew?

Matthew 27:45-49
From the sixth hour until the ninth hour darkness came over the land. About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?"--- which means, "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?" When some of those standing there heard this, they said, "He's calling Elijah." (Because, it also means "Eli, Eli.") Immediately one of them ran and got a sponge. He filled it with wine vinegar, put it on a stick, and offered it to Jesus to drink. The rest said, "Now leave him alone. Let's see if Elijah comes to save him." (they were being sarcastic.) And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.

You would think, 'oh, that's terrible.' Yeah, but amazing things happened at the sight of this. The temple curtain was torn, stones cracked, dead people were raised to life, and there was a GREAT earthquake. This moment began a new revolution, religion, and lifestyle all in one: The Christian Religion.

See, our religion, really ISN'T a religion. It's a lifestyle. Us ladies don't have to cover our faces underneath loads of cloth. Us ladies can say hi to a man without his permission. Us CHRISTIANS of both genders have no rosaries. We aren't told what church to go to. We can believe what we believe. We are not jews. We are not latter-day saints. (aka Mormon) We are not Muslims. We are not Catholics. We believe, so we aren't atheists.

So then, WHAT ARE WE? We're Christians, that is. We're a new kind of church.

Jews believe Christ is yet to come. We believe He's already gone--- but only from Earth. He's still in our hearts, he's still alive. But yes, "Love must be blind". ("Undone" by FFH on the playlist.)

We have proof: Jesus WAS here. And he still is. "There's a God of this city". Jesus, we have work still to be done here. We'll see you Sunday, God!

"We were born for this. HE was born for this."

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.