Monday, February 22, 2010

I'm Sad.

Okay, I know there is WAAAY more important stuff about the Vancouver Olympics, (a.k.a. the XXI Summer Olympiad) but this is just so sad.

Apolo Ohno lives in Utah!

I just wish I lived there a couple years longer, and maybe I would've met him. But on the bright[er] side, I was in Utah through the 2002 Olympics, and actually walked on the SAME FLOOR as Apolo Anton Ohno. And I don't know if I saw it, but my parents saw the 2002 torch before and after it was lit. Cool!

Vancouver News
After being in the Olympic Village in British Columbia for a while now, Shaun White comes back to be on late night television!

Vancouver Gear
Want to have a few souveniers away-from-Vancouver from Vancouver? Two choices: Coca-Cola has these limited edition cans. there are speed skating cans, snowboarding cans, figure skating cans, and one more ?mystery? can! Also, click on the link www.teamusashop.com and find shirts, for kids, women, men, coats, and more stuff!

Vancouver Story for Today
Apolo Anton Ohno was just a teenager when he tried out for his first Olympics for short track speed skating. He placed dead last. (I think we pretty much figured he didn't make it) His father, Yuki Ohno, was pretty much mad---Okay, I lied. FURIOUS---that Apolo didn't make it.

He wasn't mad---or furious---because Apolo didn't make it, BUT BECAUSE HE DIDN'T THINK HE TRIED.

So in the wilderness, I'm guessing Apolo rented a cabin, because his father, Yuki, (reminds me of egg yolk LoL) told him, "Call me when you know what you're going to do in your life."

It was Apolo's eighth day in the cabin, looking out at the deep blue sea on a rainy day, when he realized, "Speed skating is what I want to do." He may not have made it this time, but went back with gold!


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.