Monday, October 11, 2010

The Bible Challenge: Always Yours

"This is the star. This is your heart. This is the day you were born."

Hey! Hope here! That's "Always" by Switchfoot, one of the songs on the playlist.

Okay, so, I JUST found my iPod... the REAL iPod. I need to load, like, EVERYTHING! Soon, I'm gonna like, LOAD UP on Paramore songs and Sanctus Real, Jars of Clay, Flyleaf, Switchfoot, TobyMac, Tenth Avenue North, (I have gazillion of their songs, but I didn't load them onto iTunes) and... yeah. My music is REALLY outdated.

Yesterday was the perfect Sunday, if you noticed, 10.10.10, and what could be more perfect than to say that I got baptized in water! At first I was kinda like... am I SURE I wanna get baptized? But then I was like, yeah. I wanna get baptized.

Pastor Jay and Mr. Darren baptized the people in this order:

PASTOR JAY'S BAPTIZE-EES
Elayna
Hope (me)
Kelsey Courtney
Shelby Courtney

(mr) DARREN'S BAPTIZE-EES
Jarred Stone
Juan... (don't know the full name.)

Yeah, and as you would've guessed, in the water coming up, I slipped a little. As clumsy as I am. It was slippery!

How great to say I was baptized on the absolute PERFECT Sunday!
If you wanna know some more perfect things, here are some blogs you just might like to visit:

www.elaynaexplores.blogspot.com
www.the-goodwinfamily.blogspot.com
www.yourblog-gymnastics.blogspot.com
------------------------------------
So, when I'm done with my saga I'm writing, (give that three years) I'm gonna make a book called "You & Me (and all of the people)" 'and all of the people' is lowercase for a reason.

The novel is about a girl who can't hear and a guy who can't speak. He has no voice for her to hear. She can't listen anyway. They are complete opposites, but somehow, the same. They both know ASL, (Sign Language) they both can read, but neither are Christians.

The girl's name is Holly. She was raised in a Christian home and attends church, but in her heart has no belief in God. The boy's name is Braeden. Braeden has never cared for God but has many Christian friends. He's been to church several times, but not one sermon has remained in his thoughts. His parents are atheists and his extended and distant relatives are catholic. He wonders: If there are so many "gods", how can you say that He's the one true God?

The book is about a deaf girl and a mute guy who use their differences to find love, and find Jesus.
--------------------------
Sorry the challenge is a bit delayed, but that story has been on my mind of days. Tell me if you like it. I might post it soon.

Today's challenge is the last non-exclusive. I'M SORRY! I thought I had more Revelations planned than... three! Also, I'm pressed for time because the prayer camp needs to end RIGHT on New Years Day.

So the challenge is a bout Heaven.

Yesterday, in Youth LifeGroups, Maya was talking afterwards and siad, "We're gonna be in Heaven FOREVER. Ho9w do you guys feel about that? Just think about it--- forEVER."

Just think about it--- FOR-EV-ER. Forever! Ever stopped to think? Thanks for ringing that bell, Maya!

Revelation 19: 6-7
Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting: "Hallelujah! For our Lord God Almighty reigns. Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready.

This represents the clean acts of the saints. Even if you are a guy, you still count as the bride. We're all brides, just some of us don't know it yet, some of us haven't become one yet.

Sorry this is sort of long, but keep reading. God reigns forever and ever. Jesus made it possible for us to be his bride with just these three words.

It is finished.

The pain is finished. The guilt is finished. Sin is finished. Satan is finished. I don't have to carry the weight of who I've been cuz I'm forgiven. The misery is finsihed. The illness is finished. The depression is finished. The shame is finsished.

Once you're born again, it's a day you can remember. or with baptism. You don't need to be baptized to go to Heaven, but it shows you're living life for God.

And it is always, always, ALWAYS YOURS.

Everything... IT IS FINISHED.

Forver---- is that something you can imagine?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.