Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sidelines

Been standing on the
                                 s  d  l   n   s
                                   i   e  i   e
for all my life now
And stepping back while time runs thin
Slowly,
Slowly,
S
l
o
w
l
y.
I got myself to take a stand
But was too weak to take it to the end.
I wanted to say three words,
Oh just three words
Three words
I wanted to say to you.
Never did.
So here I stand watching you pass by
And there you go watching me pass by
And we act like strangers in the presence of each other.
We stop and stare and I wonder what's still there...
What you're thinking of me,
What you once were thinking of me.
I love you, did you ever love me?
No, I don't think so.
You're happy with her
And I'm better off alone
So goodbye, my love.
I would blow a kiss in your direction and I would be brave enough to say this to your face
But it doesn't matter now does it?
You wouldn't see me...
Would you???

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.