Wednesday, January 18, 2012

HEROES Week~ Dare to Believe

Dare to Believe
It's feeling like our time's run out
But the hourglass just flipped itself over again.
The sun is slowly sinking down
But on the other side, a new day waits to begin.

If you dare to believe in life,
You might realize that there's no time for talking
Or just wait around while the innocent die.
No more,
We're gonna lose everything
If we believe all the lies.
I may fall but I swear that I'll help you believe.
No more,
This world is running on empty
And there's no reason why.
You might fall but I know that you'll help me believe.

We've been in the dark for way too long
But when we turn around, we see a light shine through the haze
So forget about who was wrong
'Cause I have never been more ready to turn this page.

If you swear you believe in life,
Embrace forgiveness 'cause it's all that I'm asking
Or keep holding out while the innocent die.

No more,
We're gonna lose everything
If we believe all the lies.
I may fall but I swear that I'll help you believe.
No more,
This world is running on empty
And there's no reason why.
You might fall but I know that you'll help me believe.

No more...
We're gonna lose everything
If we believe all the lies.
I may fall but I swear that I'll help you believe.
No more,
This world is running on empty
And there's no reason why.
You may fall but I know that you'll help me believe!
No more,
We're gonna lose everything
If we believe all the lies.
You may fall but I swear that I'll help you believe
You may fall but I swear that I'll help you believe
I may fall but I swear that I'll help you
Believe.
If you swear you believe in life...

No more... we're gonna lose everything...
No more... we're so quick to lose everything...
No more... we're gonna lose everything...
No more... we're so quick to lose everything...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Forgiveness. No one wants to have to do it. But one important part of ending bullying is forgiveness.

Like in Megan and Liz's "Are You Happy Now" (Megan and Liz have connections with Boyce Avenue as well!) when at 2:36 Liz says (she plays the bully) "I'm so sorry." We all know that an apology rarely, RARELY happens in real life, especially from a bully. And then Megan (who plays the bullied) forgives her.

If you want to end bullying, it starts with you.

First, do you believe bullying can end? Well, there are seven billion people on this planet, so... I don't see it ending any time soon, in all honesty. But, I know that to stop bullying in its tracks, and not turn into a bully yourself, if you are in a rare case where an apology happens, let them know they're forgiven. And if they don't apologize, here's one weird tip:

Wanna make them feel bad? Here's my technique: Show them that you are not willing to fight them and you do want to---whether you wanna admit it or not---be friends, or at least acquaintances. It works. Whenever someone says something mean to me, I stand up for myself--- I don't take crap from anyone. But then, I find a clever way to be nice to them (even if I hate their guts) and usually I learn that their not as bad as they seem to be. Then, once they see how much I don't care about their negativity and can look past that, they start to be nice to me, too.

"Imagine all the" bullies "living in perfect peace... you might say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one."

So, despite that little breakout into my version of "Imagine" by John Lennon, think of "Dare to Believe" by Boyce Avenue. You can call them YouTube's Best Musicians Ever, for short. They're the best stuff on earth... other than Snapple, of course.

"Dare to Believe" is an anti-violence song. Not so much about bullying, but it can transfer, definitely. It's mainly about (according to Alejandro, the lead vocalist and the person my guitar is named after) never giving up. The song was dedicated to a fan battling cancer.

It feels like time is running out, and it always has been. The longer we wait, the less time we hvae to turn things around. Because there will be a day when time runs out for all of us...

So forget about who was wrong, because we are not any different from each other.

If you swear you believe in life...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.