Thursday, August 25, 2011

USE YOUR GIFTS!

Lately I have hesitated to do what I've wanted to do, so I decided I needed to make a plan that will have strange, unknown consequences if rules are broken.

So, here's my plan:

  • Leadership. Once on the leadership team or squad or whatever, then I can focus on the other stuff. Try to focus on that for about a month.
  • Worship team. Signing up for that can't be too hard.... except for when the only "instrument" you do well is vocals. And then everyone has to hear you sing. No big deal... everyone's heard me sing before. I can do it. And Hope (yeah, I'm preaching to myself), try to join before you turn thirteen. If you don't get yourself to join, who will? Before you know it, someone else will step up instead. Don't be nervous or scared or whatever your problem is. Just do it.
  • Sports acrobatics. Now that I should have all the important stuff done (by now), here comes the semi-fun part. Funner than worship team??? I don't know. But, this is where I will hopefully get back in shape (I'm not pudgy, but I'm not exactly fit for sports right now if you see what I mean) and back in athletics.
Those above are my new school year resolutions. And I want it all done before the clock strikes twelve--- I mean, thirteen. I feel like it'll be much funner looking back at my life when I'm eighty with my eight kids and husband thinking, "Wow, I can't believe I did all that... and that's before I turned thirteen!" rather than, "Oh, I wish I had the courage to do that when I was younger. Didn't even join a worship team until my mid-thirties."

I'm already amazed at how much I've done. Fine Arts is one of those things that still amazes me. April 17th, 2011 was the exact day I sang the lead in the Christian Band (thanks to our actual leader being in Paris at the time... crazy, right?) in front of a good amount of the church's congregation and I had only been a singer for eleven months. My blog has over 10,000 pageviews. I must have done something right! Things are somewhat going my way right now, and I've done some amazing things like that 70 day fast I did nearly a year ago. It brought out the strengths I didn't even know I had.

So, the message? You have a gift. Use it. I'm trying to use my gifts, and I am fully aware that the more I wait to use them, the more I'm missing out on. So, you out there, stop waiting to use your gifts, because no one will make you do it. The person who's really making you do it is you. The only person who has the power to drag you to the human video practice is you. God can do it, but I'm sure He wants you to be the one to step up. Just because God can force you to do something doesn't mean He will. When it comes to gifts, use it or lose it. I'm sure you don't want to lose whatever your gift is. I know I don't want to lose my ability to sing and remember stalker-ish details (I have addresses memorized, plus I can remember the exact date of the first day I saw someone and the time of day). So use it. Good memories are on their way, so use it because it will change everything. It could change you day. Who knows... it could change your life.

When your time comes, will you be ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.