Friday, April 23, 2010

A Fav Verse Of Mine

I Corinthians 9:24-27
(24) Do you not know that in a race, all runners run but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way to get the prize. (25) Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that lasts forever. (26) Therefore, I do not run like a man running aimlessly, I do not fight like a man beating the air. (27) Instead, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached the gospel to others, I myself will NOT be disqualified for the prize.

That isn't really one verse, is it? Oh well. This verse makes me a better person as well as a gymnast and aspiring baton twirler. And I memorized that verse, just to let you know. I have a portion of this verse on my wall above my bed to motivate me for practices.

Whenever it seems like I'm the worst gymnast in the country or I'll never win gold, I look to it and remember that Jesus gave more than a gold medal could ever give, so we should give him our all, that we may get something far better than a gold medal someday. Sure, a gold medal costs about a couple million dollars, and if an Olympian wanted to sell their medal, (some really do) they would be rich and fast, no doubt about it. But the crown we get in Heaven is priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.