Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Where Dreams Come Alive

One day awhile ago, I questioned myself as to why I started writing in the first place, and what makes me feel so good about it?

Well, in my books, whenever it's first-person-point-of-view, I feel like I'm that character, like it's really happened to me. I feel like I can tell my biggest secrets, and you wouldn't know it's a secret at all. I can fufill my fantasies, while still being the normal person I am. I can be America's next top model, or a peasant. I can be Chinese, or Dutch. I can change my name. I can exaggerate things that will probably never happen. I can be a princess, or a small-town girl. I can be a celebrity, or just plain me. I can be Micheal Jackson, or Miley Cyrus. (huge opposites) I can have a missing page of John Wilkes Booth's diary, or have met Abe Lincoln. I can have gone to the Olympics. (THE PERFECT RACE, ANOTHER PERFECT RACE, THE LAST RACE, and LOSER!) I can be Lindsey Vonn. I can be my next-door-neighbor. (btw that's the Potters and Elizabeth Flaim, she's a cheerleader at Wayne)

I love how when I write, I get to go back when I'm all finished and read everything and know I wrote this. I can also view a movie in my head and I'm the ONLY person who knows EXACTLY what my characters look like.

But my favorite part is I can end my book any way I want. I can make it tradgedy. Everyone can die in a fire. She can get last place. They can wake up and realize all those amazing things that happened were just a dream. (something that makes me mad every time and will never do) I can make them fall in love. I can write, "To be continued"... And no one else has power over it. Authors have authority!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.