Friday, November 25, 2011

Dead to This World

Open my eyes.
Let me see the brokenness inside
The hearts of them,
The seven billion
That I never cared to reveal the love I've found to.
Too many times I've said "I believed" in the past tense
And didn't take the step to turn it into present.
I couldn't see what I was doing, I was blind to You.

Shut out the distractions.
Let me find what I'm missing inside
The empty soul,
The quiet ghost
That I left asleep in a dark room.
Too many times I've put You on a shelf and said "Maybe later"
When God, I know I need You now.
I couldn't hear Your callings, I was deaf to You.

Turn off my fears.
Make me fearless and give me the desire
To know what love is
To never break apart from You.
I don't wanna be the one to turn away but wow I came awful close
And who knows where I'd be if time closed on me.
I was too careful, I was dead to You.

I'm done.
I'm done with cookie-cutter Christian talk.
I'm done with not reading the signs.
I'm done with putting my beliefs on bookshelves
Like homework I don't care to do.
I'm done denying the truth.
No more hiding from the truth.
Because the truth is who You are and You are the truth,
Be my northern star and help my life reflect You.
Because I see You, You're my desire
And I am dead to this world,
Alive in what is higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.