Sunday, October 30, 2011

My Excuses for Not Blogging

Hey my bloggies! I have missed you guys so much! So, you may have already guessed why I was gone for so long because you probably already know. "Grades got you down?" Yes. "Love got you down?" Yes, yes, yes. BUT! I got the grades up, but sadly, my mom said no about joining the worship team this week because of how low my math grade was. Right before the end of the quarter, I just barely raised it to a C. In Social Studies I'm really good, but I just had to lose my binder that had all my assignments in it right before the end of the quarter. Seriously, guys... seriously? But don't worry, that's under control, too. Now I've got As, Bs, and Cs! Success!

Lately, life has been so competitive, like... I'm always running after something. Always trying to get there before someone else. I got Coldplay's "Mylo Xyloto" album the day it came out---again, success---and there's a song on it called "Major Minus" (I'm learning it on guitar by the way). It's a really fun song, sharp on the acoustic guitar, and here's some of the lyrics:

"They got one eye watching you
One eye on what you do
So be careful who it is you're talking to.
They got one eye watching you
One eye on what you do
So be careful what it is you're trying to do.
And be careful when you're walking into view.
Just be careful when you're walking into view.
OOH OOH OOH! OOH OOH OOH OOOH!
Got one eye on the road and one on YOU!
OOH OOH OOH! OOH OOH OOH OOOH!
Got one eye on the road and one on..."

Well that's me. Whenever I'm in competitive mode, it's BAD. I can't focus. And if I'm competing against you, oh boy, I'd hate to be you. At first I try to hide that we both want the same thing and I want it before you can reach it. Then I realize I don't like you. Then I try to hide that I don't like you. Then I realize that I don't care how you feel if I don't like you. Then I REALLY don't like you. Then I get the signs that you have a problem with me. Then I don't care about that either because that means I can openly have a problem with you. Then I get mean. So, "Major Minus" says one thing about me:

If we want the same thing and I see that you're a real opponent, I work my hardest to get up there, but I also have an eye on your progress. I've "got one eye on the road and one on you."

So yeah. That's my school life right now. Which is not so fun, because then, I go home to hear my dad yell, "HOMEWORK! DO YOUR HOMEWORK! HOPE, I KNOW YOU HEAR ME! I KNOW YOU HATE MATH (editor's note: Then he brings up how he hated math and ended up having a job centered around it)! YOU'RE GONNA NEED IT ONE DAY! I DON'T KNOW NO NEWS REPORTER WITH A BACHELOR OF ARTS THAT DIDN'T TAKE MATH IN COLLEGE! DEAL WITH IT!" And then after the math lecture I have to actually do the work, and by then it's eleven at night, and then I still have to take a shower, and then I still have a little bit of homework to finish, and by then it's at least 11:30 before I realize I haven't written a page of "Unspoken" or "On Death's Edge," I haven't thought up a single poem, I haven't looked up any new songs, I haven't dared to touch my guitar, and the blog has not been updated. And by then my mom is making me go to sleep, saying I'll be too tired in the morn.

Is that a legitimate reason for not blogging? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.