Thursday, April 12, 2012

"Safe and Sound" Covers

I love Taylor Swift and The Civil Wars' "Safe and Sound" from The Hunger Games: From District 12 and Beyond soundtrack. The entire soundtrakc is amazing... there's "Safe and Sound," "One Engine" by The Decemberists, and "Abraham's Daughter" by Arcade Fire, and more.

Many people have covered this song, so here are all of the covers I've seen, and I don't necessarily like ALL of them, but I like most.
~~~~~~~~~~
I love Christina, but... STOP TALKING FOR SO LONG AT THE BEGINNING OF YOUR VIDEOS! On this video she cut back on the talking, thanks. It would have been a great collaboration, though, just a suggestion.
Megan Nicole and Tiffany Alvord... two girls I almost NEVER have blogged about. Their cover was the first one I heard. I like it, I just don't like THEM very much, and I don't know why. Tiffany because she collabs with EVERYBODY on YouTube and it scares me. Megan because she doesn't look very confident when she sings and rarely smiles.
This is one of my absolute favorite covers of this song. For once, someone did the "ooh ooh ooh ooh" parts perfectly! Luke Conard's collab was AMAZING on that, too. I just found out about the girl, Ellie, today. She sent me a message on YouTube telling me to look at her "A Thousand Years" cover. I'm VERY picky about that song, and she nailed it. I am SUPER picky about this song especially, but she and Landon aced it. I love how Landon took his voice down a full key but Ellie sang in the original key. i know a lot of singers who WOULDN'T like that, but I do. I love Ellie, but her stage presence is almost as bad as mine, if that's possible. Ellie, this will sound awkward, but you're beautiful (your voice=amazing!) so SMILE, girl!
Megan and Liz. Gosh, you know I LOOOOOOOVVVVEEEEE these twins, but let me be honest, here--- like I said, I am VERY picky about covers, this song especially. And if the bridge or ending aren't (both "ooh"ing) the way they originally were (I don't care if you improvise, but PLEASE keep that part the same), I probably won't like the cover. So Here it is. I kinda hated their cover. And also, the chord at 2:57 to 3:00... I don't think ANY of the covers did that right. You'd have to check the original for that. But in the original, it has this... it's hard to describe a chord.... I don't know... this feeling that shows that the song is leading up to the bridge. And all the covers just did that chorus like normal. And I REALLY liked that part in the original.
Luke Conard... I love him. Faith introduced me to Joey from WinterSpringPro, and WSP did a Hunger Games parody that I blogged awhile ago. Then that introduced me to Luke. Then Luke posted this video. They did the bridge right. I think they met all my expectations... and better!
~~~~~~~~~~
It all comes down to this...

Which was your favorite?

For once, I can tell you what mine are.

FIRST PLACE: Luke Conard!!!!! And no.... it's not just because you're SUPER cute. I also hear you're like, thirty, though. I pray that's not true. But I also looked you up on one of those Yellow Pages sites or something and guess what? I heard you have an average income... which I find hard to believe BUT! That means! I have a chance of meeting you. I just gotta move to Iowa.
SECOND PLACE: Landon Austin (with Ellie!). You guys like, almost MATCHED th eoriginal an dI really apreciate it.
THIRD PLACE: Megan Nicole and Tiffany Alvord. They sound great!

BYE!!!

-H

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.