Thursday, April 19, 2012

Frames

At firstAll you see
Is what you believe to be me
The girl with the iPod in her hand
The flower on the side of her head
But do they know me?
I wear a constant smile no one would would dare think fake
My thumbs point up to the sky when they want to fall to the ground
I'm just tired
Tired
Bored with myself
I'm patiently waiting for you to step in.
Don't you notice I'm quiet?
Don't you notice I won't speak?
Don't you notice all I know is apathy?
I've always admired those who aren't afraid
Afraid to fall
Afraid to cry
Those who don't care who sees them breaking down.
Well of course I'm not like that
It's frustrating
My brown eyes are dry
Tears won't fall
Unless they aren't supposed to.
What got me here?
Myself, I guess.
I used to know how to smile
I used to know how to cry
I used to know how to live
The way I used to be.
But whatever
"Stupid"
"Can't do anything right"
"Stay silent because it's not worth hearing your voice"
Don't believe these lies,
Don't make these mistakes,
Because you'll end up this way.
Not happy
Not alive
Not feeling... anything.
Still think you know me?
Ha.
Partially you do because
At first
All you see
Is what you believe to be me
The girl with the iPod in her hand
The flower on her head
But do they know me?
Not really.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.