Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Prayer Camp Days 19-21

Of all I've given up, I have to give up my absolute FAVORITE band. Paramore.

I was talking to my friend in the car about how much I despise Skillet, (never turns out well because she LOVES Skillet) and then I brought up how much I LOVE Paramore.)

"Aw, you know 'CrushCrushCrush' is about *stuff* right?" (if you feel me, you know what that particular "stuff" is.) Turns out, my mom was in the car. Turns out, "CrushCrushCrush" is my favorite song. "You are NOT to download ANY MORE of their songs, Hope!"  Said Mom. I was like... BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(okay, so we pretty much know who this was, now.)

I LOVE PARAMORE! And thanks, Becca, now I can't download any of their songs! But despite how upset I was at the moment, I am not mad at you. It's just that I can't live without my Paramore.

^^^That's Paramore right up there^^^

So yeah. That's what I get, LoL! What is some of their song lyrics?

BRICK BY BORING BRICK
Go get your shovel!
And we'll dig a deep hole!
To bury the castle,
Bury the castle!
Ba da ba ba da ba ba da!!!

CRUSHCRUSHCRUSH
Nothing compares to
A quiet evening alone
Just the one,two
I was just counting on
That never happens
I guess I'm dreaming again
Let's be more than
This now!

THAT'S WHAT YOU GET
That's what you get when you let your heart win,
Whoa oh whoa oh oh
That's what you get when you let your heart win,
Whoa oh oh oh
I drowned out all my sense with
The sound of it's beating
THAT'S WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU LET YOUR HEART WIN,
Whoa oh whoa oh oh.

DECODE
How did we get here? I used to know you so well
How did we get here?
Well I think I know oh oh oh
I think I know!
---------------
Yeah, I can't listen to Paramore. Or T.I. (no wonder.... but he prevented someone from jumping off a building!) Or Alicia Keys. Or Rihanna. But, I can still listen to EVERY SINGLE SONG right here, on YOUR BLOG! And I can still listen to my OnErEpUbLiC<3!

I guess that our God must really be for us, because He gave me parents that love me... parents that will do anything for me, even though they sometimes make me pull my hair out. (Dude, there should like, totally be a "7 Things" song for parents!)

You know, it's awesome that no matter how far we go away from God, he's always one prayer away. It's sad that He does everything for us and is right there when we call, but when He tells us something as simple as where to go, He's like the GPS.

Here's how the GPS works: My parents are on a way to a.... WEDDING RECEPTION. They have our totally NOT updated GPS with them. "Turn-right. Take-exit-right."

First thing my mom does: "HONEY, IS THIS THE RIGHT EXIT???"

(Dad) "OF COURSE IT IS!"

(Mom) "BUT I COULD'VE SWORN IT WAS THAT EXIT..."

(ME) "Just TURN, Mom!"

She quickly moves over, just in time to turn. But we show up to the reception... late.

That's how we are. God is trying to tell us, "This is where to go. Come on, this is your opportunity!" While we are looking and saying, "Is this it??? Is this right for me?" God is saying, "Yes! It is! Can't you trust me?" While we're still doubting, saying, "But I know that the Olympics are best for me, maybe I shouldn't join the Air Force." But God is saying, "Do it NOW! Stop stalling! You were meant to fufill a purpose, so what are you doing now?"

And just like that, we miss out on what God wanted us to do. We show up late, and by the time we realize that God was calling us to go somewhere, we can't do anything about it, yet when we could have, we turned our backs from Him. Listen. Do you hear your calling? Are you ignoring it?

When I was five years old, going on six, I watched the 2004 Olympics. LOVED gymnastics. When I was seven, going on eight, I watched the '06 Olympics. Loved figure skating. I was obsessed. There's something about figure skaters that makes them beautiful, male or female, whether they're pretty or not. They always look confident. Somehow, I feel like I missed out on figure skating. So I'm trying not to miss out on anything I feel I want to do.

What's next? Acrobatics in a pair. Me and a guy. Acro is just like cheerleading, but the stunts are more life-threatening, but the tumbling is pretty much the same. So it's cheerleading... for the circus and World Champs.

If you want to pray with me, feel free! I have not been tempted lately, thank God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.