Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Playing Old Songs Like Memories

Ever listen to a song that you used to obsess over and find yourself obsessed again? That's me. One moment I'm, "Hmm... I used to love this song. Let's see if I still do." Next moment, I'm playing air-violin (I have a real one, but why bring it out if I can't play that song on it?) and screaming out-of-tune "I don't need a wallow fa-a-a-a-a-ace. I just need a pla-a-a-a-a-a-ace. I can call a name my own. My anywhere place. My anywhere place..."

So, wanna hear some memories? And just a note: Womens' Music week is next week! The artists so far: Ellie Swisher, He Is We, Katie Costello, Yael Naim, Deas Vail, Megan and Liz, Kiersten Holine, and more or less. It'll be epic. But for now, it's time for some oldies (well, kinda. When I say old, I mean like, as recent as a month ago, haha. Remember, I'm thirteen).

I think this is on the playlist. This was one of my first Deas Vail songs and it remains one of my favorites.
I used to be obsessed with this song. I've got it learned without chords on piano now, and you can check out my lyrics for it.
"Stranger" was my first Katie Costello song, which ultimately lead to the song I was singing above (you'll find out what it was soon). Check out the lyrics.
I love "Anywhere Place" so long. It inspires me to keep making music every time I hear it.
Yael Naim's voice is just amazing--- most of us starting hearing her after loving her hit "New Soul" from all those Apple commercials. Now we love her for her less popular music. You can see the lyrics for this, too.
Many of us first heard this song on a JCPenney commercial for last year's back-to-school sales. Now, I continue listening for a little pick-me-up.
This song is so haunted. I love Evanescence, but this song is probably my favorite over all the others I've heard.
This song brings me back to my human video days... but since I don't wanna cry (RainyMood.Com and "Why" don't mix), I'm changing songs pronto.
Ever heard a song on YouTube and you're jamming to it... and then suddenly you realize you've owned the song for years? That feeling totally describes this song for me. I didn't realize I'd owned the song for over ten years until my parents were playing it. I was one happy chick--- saved me a dollar!
Remember when I was obsessed with this song last year? It happens to be one of my favorite lyric posts.
When I first became a fan of Relient K, this was my song. I have the lyrics written on my HHYMCA gymnastics shirt.
I still love this song. I love Megan and Liz, just don't think I'll say that in public.
I used to love this song so much--- still do! VersaEmerge is one of my favorite mainstream bands ever! I wanna be like Sierra one day!
Everyone loved this song at one point in their life. It's one of those songs that all you remember is screaming "everything everything will be alright alright!" but you never really looked it up. For me, I've known the song since I was like, three, and it's followed me my whole life.
Who doesn't like this song? It is seriously the only 30 Seconds to Mars song that I know, and I am in love with everything about it (except for the crowd. Good thing this version cuts out all that crap).
"Let mercy come and wash away WHAT I'VE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" This song never gets old. It just doesn't.
This song has been an inspiration for over three years now. Kris Allen was (or is) the worship pastor at a friend's uncle's church, so of course I was happy when he won American Idol. I know he didn't write this song, but it's still very inspiring.
I remember when this song first came out and I was freaking out because I knew it was time for a new album! Then I got an autographed poster. And the CD. And a wristband. And there's an obsession.
I would link to my lyric post, but the lyrics are kindsa right there, so...
This reminds me of the Yellowcard lyric, "My worst pains are words I cannot say."
Who doesn't love this Joe Nichols song?
"There is life in the desert."
This song has suddenly become super popular since it was on the Spider-Man movie. Johnny Cash was supposed to sing it with them (it's an oldie).
Will be my last dance at my wedding.
My favorite FFH song ever.
Remember "Growing Pains"? Love, love, love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.