Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Amazing Spiderman!!!!!!!


"Peter Parker, if there's anything you are, it's good."

The Amazing Spider-Man. Only one word can describe it.

EPIC.

And guys, movies usually aren't that good--- "epic" is not a word to be used lightly. But goodness... this movie really WAS amazing.

This is basically a prequel to all of the other Spider-Man movies, and in a way it's also a re-telling. Instead of Mary Jane being Peter Parker's girlfriend, Gwen is. Just small changes. And if you don't know anything about the original SM, well, go to Wikipedia. On your own. I refuse to link to something that you should know about.

So basically, a high school senior named Peter Parker. He's known for his photography, love for science and awkwardness. He sneaks into a science center during an internship to learn more about his father's death. He enters a room full of spiders (it's hard to explain...) and plucks a string that makes a whole bunch of them fall on him. But these are not ordinary spiders, they've been tested. When he leaves that room, a spider that was still attached to him bites him, and thus the beginning of his spidy powers! (Oh yeah, I forgot to mention his uncle dies.)

Turns out, the scientist, Dr. Curtis Connors, is given an equation Peter has created for a formula to supposedly make his arm grow back (it had been previously amputated). Needless to say, his arm grew back! And much, much more. It turns him abnormal, but into a much more dangerous creature. Even more dangerous than the city thinks Spider-Man is.

How will Peter save the city from Connors' plot to turn everyone into reptiles (it's not as fourth-grade-ish as it sounds, I promise) and still protect himself? Is it worth risking the city, Gwen, and his life?

My expectations were not met well at all. If this were a paper written for school, I think I would have given it a 100000000000%. That's A LOT of extra credit! Yes, this movie was way better than I expected it would be! So much better, in fact I think it might become one of my obsessions. It was a perfect balance of humor, romance, and action (why I loved "INCEPTION"). The script-writing was great, as well as the acting. Great beginning, great ending. And what's best? NO DRY PARTS OR FILLERS! Yeah, I just said that!

I recommend this amazing movie to fans of action movies, especially. But you will also adore it if you like romance, hot guys (and if you ARE a guy, you might enjoy watching Emma Stone, I guess), comedies (though it only has a fair amount of humor), sad movies, and so on. Pretty much, ANYONE would like it! But some people were disappointed with this movie, so if you don't like it, don't blame me.

If you're a fan of the original SM movies, "INCEPTION," or "The Sorcerer's Apprentice," you are pretty much guaranteed to like this. I think Andrew Garfield DEFINITELY did Toby Maguire AND Peter Parker justice. So, hats off to him (in my case, floppy beach hats!).

And besides, who doesn't love an explanation of the SM movies all in one, flying stunts, men in unitards doing back handsprings (rather entertaining), humor, high school drama, geeks, science, cute relationships, forbidden love, self-discovery, bad guys, good guys, and hot guys? It's simply irresistible!

Thus the most fun I've ever had while writing a review.

So, if it's not obvious, I loved this movie. I wanted to see it to support Emma Stone's career, but now I'm Andrew Garfield all the way! I mean, look at his face...
Okay, maybe that's not a very good picture of him. Let's try something else...
Oh, yes!
Gah, it never gets old...

But that's beside the point. Yes, he's hot. Yes, he's my celebrity crush. But anyways, we're moving on (though it's oh so hard to do--- look at him!!!!!).

I would do anything for this movie to get more publicity. I really hope it gets a great amount of money. Today was opening day, and there were only ten other people in the theater when I saw it, but I hope the midnight showing was packed, because these actors, their producers and directors really deserve it. I see passion in this, not just money.

My complaints? Must I have any?
Well, as much as I loved Peter, his reactions were WAY TOO SLOW. I know he was supposed to be awkward, but it annoyed me how long it took for him to respond to things. Still, it was great character development and I loved him. Who doesn't love a cute male protagonist? And then, the criminal that killed his uncle--- there was so much foreshadowing on him, but then as soon a Connors became a monster, they like, got rid of him completely. I would like it if he were dead (that doesn't sound nice!). And then, don't you think it was a little soon for a reboot? The first SM was released only ten years ago, and the most recent sequel was made five years ago. But whatever. I love how they ended it. Can't tell you though--- watch it!

Nevertheless, this movie still deserves five stars. Andrew, your looks saved this movie from being a four-and-a-half star for me!

Awesome.
Marvel Entertainment and Columbia Pictures.
136 minutes.

Good luck, SM crew and cast! This was an amazing production! Surprisingly, I think it's my favorite movie ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments appreciated, keep them appropriate, however. Remember, this blog's audience is ages 12+, so be aware of who might be reading.